Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
Trying to help a friend out, who's setup I have not seen yet. Below is about all he knew about what he was trying to do so thought I'd ask around before going over to his place in a few days to check it out. He's looking for pretty much the most basic setup for the sole purpose of listening to Sirius radio from Dishtv through his home theater system.

How would I connect a Panasonic SA-HT700 dvd home theater sound system to a HD tv which is connected to a Dishtv receiver (HDMI) to listen to the Sirius radio channels that came with a Dish subscription using component jacks?

Thank you

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
Use the tv's RCA outputs to the Panasonic tv input. Should be that easy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Or get the analog dongle from dish and go directly to the Panasonic.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you, willis :)

Thought it should be about that easy but was afraid there would have to be some trick to it some how!! That would've been about par for me. Haven't messed with anything like this in many years.

Thanks again

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
Glad to offer some help. If for some reason it doesn't go so smoothly, you might have to enable the output jacks. Just go into the audio menu on the tv and it will be in there. I think the outputs are always on though.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Made it over to friends house yesterday afternoon. Plugged stuff in as suggested and as per my luck, it doesn't work.

DVD plays just fine and gets the sound coming out of home theater system, but doesn't work going the other direction when trying to get sound to come from TV to home theater speakers so he can listen to the music channels on tv.

I see no option to enable output jacks on tv in the sound section.

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
Just wondering. When you hooked up to the Panasonic, did you select input "tv" or "aux" or anything like that?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts