Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Hey Radman.... would you be willing to test out a signal processing/amplifier tool with your Anarchy? I've designed a quick PCB that has a steep 4th order filter under Fc, another selectable 2nd/4th order LP filter and a couple LM3886s to power the driver. I've also thrown in a couple optional notch filters so someone could play with room issues if they wanted to stuff the board.

I'll need to prototype the boards and build and test them for stability which will take a month.

Kevin Haskins
Exodus Audio

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Ok... Mike is going to send me the measured FR and the HornResponse model tonight. I'll use that as a starting point and the two of you can test it and give me some feedback. I'm betting I can nail the electronic part on the first try.

Kevin Haskins
Exodus Audio

·
Premium Member
1,538 Posts
Mmm, porter.

Cabinets look nice- did you use screws, or a nailgun with small brads?
Hey Radman, you've got the four wired for a load of 4 ohms driven by 240w total, correct? Would you say they're a bit underpowered, or capable of handling, say a 115w amp each?

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
This is very tempting to build :dumbcrazy:
I could fit four in each corner of my room easily. But, one of them would have to be about a yard away from the wall because I have a door there. Oh well. I need to get some REW measuring equipment first, so everything else is way down on my list right now.

Will you guys be posting REW graphs, or something similar so we can see the real-world response?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
This is very tempting to build :dumbcrazy:
I could fit four in each corner of my room easily. But, one of them would have to be about a yard away from the wall because I have a door there. Oh well. I need to get some REW measuring equipment first, so everything else is way down on my list right now.

Will you guys be posting REW graphs, or something similar so we can see the real-world response?
This is as close to real-world as I can get right now. 2pi (groundplane), driven with 2.83 V.

This was measured with REW, just presented differently so I could compare the HornResp model with the actual results.

In room responses are too room-dependent for them to provide any sort of meaningful comparison. Radman12 has stated that when driving all four of his with a Dayton 240W plate amp (~150 W into 8 ohms) he has measured 124 dB in his room.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
This is as close to real-world as I can get right now. 2pi (groundplane), driven with 2.83 V.

This was measured with REW, just presented differently so I could compare the HornResp model with the actual results.

In room responses are too room-dependent for them to provide any sort of meaningful comparison. Radman12 has stated that when driving all four of his with a Dayton 240W plate amp (~150 W into 8 ohms) he has measured 124 dB in his room.

Haha, I didn't even see that was a REW graph. Looked right over that I guess.

That's pretty good for a 6.5" midwoofer :bigsmile:

·
Registered
1 Posts
I built 4 of these purchased as flat packs from Erich at DIY Sound Group. I couldn't be happier. Two in the front corners of my small basement HT provide sufficient bass for music and movies, so, naturally I built two more. Adding the second pair provides greater SPL, not lower extension.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts