Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I'm in the need of a subwoofer which needs to assist an existing system, mainly used for music.
I thought of building a LLT with this driver.

Two questions:
  1. Will this driver be suitable for a LLT arrangement?
  2. Will I get the same advanges for music as for movies with LLT

Tue

·
Registered
61 Posts
I am not real familiar with what all the speaker values mean and I don't read that language but the first issue I see is that it has 2x4ohm voice coils so you will have to run a pair or find an amp that will give you enough power into 8ohms to get the results you want.:huh:

·
Registered
61 Posts
I guess that would work.....just be careful. You need the amps to be putting out the same power and the same frequencies at the same time so as not to wreck anything if I'm not mistaken. I also believe that you can run just 1 voice coil so as to have a 4ohm resistance.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi,

Thank you for the simulation. Looks pretty good to me.
How did you end up with this result. Trial and error??

As described above this sub has to be used solely for music reproduction and it must support an existing system, so I do not need to reproduce much sub 20Hz...
It is in a semi PA environment read "a restaurant that have large parties in the weekend and need more punch".

The reason that I selected this driver is its low Fs (20Hz) and the relative high SPL of 93dB.

Again I'm not even sure that a LLT will fit my needs best. If anybody have a better solution please let me know. There is alway the option of build a sub-horn but sure I can fit one in.

·
Premium Member
19,397 Posts
Sorry, I missed the music part. If this is for music there is no need for a LLT design. A LLT gives extended low end out put at the expense of overall SPL. Since music goes down to about 30 hz, the sub would work well in 6. cu. ft. tuned to 28 hz with a 8" diameter port 23 inches long. Input power is 1000 watts with a Hi-Pass filter at 22 hz.

monacor 2.JPG

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
makes good sense.

I'll properly go down that road instead. Later today I'll know how much room is available for the sub.
Around 200l should be faily easy to fit in, so it is looking good so far :heehee:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts