Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Up for sale is one TC Sounds 18" LMS 5400. The original with the red frame like tested by Illka. It is the one that I took to the WI and great southern gtg's. It functions perfectly. There is one moderate sized ding in the cone from my then 4yr old boy :paddle: that's about the size of a nickel and another couple of tiny dents and scratches on the cone, but it isn't noticeable in a dim room or from a distance. Again it doesn't affect performance at all.

I'm asking for $750. I'm willing to split the shipping which should be about $70 with UPS ground to the continental US. I will not ship outside of the US. If someone wanted to meet up to avoid shipping charges I might be willing to cut a little bit of a deal. These are now at the bargain price of $900 plus about $50 shipping from Parts express, so you could save about $200 here if you've always wanted one of these but never had the cash.

The driver will be shipped in 2 pieces with motor and top assembly separate to prevent damage. Local pickup is very welcome. I'd be willing to drive an hour or 2 to meet up with someone also and save on shipping it. I'm in the Louisville, KY, metro area.

I'll post up some close ups of the cone as soon as I get a chance to snap some pics.
Thanks for looking.

·
Elite Shackster
7,142 Posts
I'd love to take this driver but the shipping would be killer. One problem with being in the uk on a US forum, is all the drivers on show and not being able to purchase :(

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Actually the other is also a little closer to the camera. Both drivers weigh 80lbs and are huge make no mistake. The "other" is deeper and has a slightly larger 19" od.

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Pics of the dents and a bump. There are actually 2 dents plus a few tiny dings. The other is slightly smaller than the one in the pics but it didn't show up well for some reason. There is no effect on performance at all.

Just imagine this in your HT with a couple of thousand watts on it...:scratchchin:

·
Registered
430 Posts
Ricci said:
There is one moderate sized ding in the cone from my then 4yr old boy
Uh Oh, my son is almost 4 and I don't have grille's for my subs, or mains I am building...He's been good so far!

Good luck with the sale buddy....

This is a good performing driver..... I wish I had a few...
Wait, don't you have seven?

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Uh Oh, my son is almost 4 and I don't have grille's for my subs, or mains I am building...He's been good so far!
Yeah. I didn't see what happened but I think it was a hot wheel. Gotta watch the little ones. They are devious little suckers. :sneeky: I remember some of the things that I did to my grandfathers stuff when I was a kid and he wasn't around...:doh:

·
Registered
228 Posts
Good luck on your sale. If I didn't have my Avalanche already then I probably would have been interested.

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I'm not trying real hard. :sarcastic: Actually I need it for another 2 weeks anyway.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.