Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 60 of 312 Posts

·
Elite Shackster
1,468 Posts
Re: LMS will happen after all!

Illkka,
That is awesome news. So are you going to build something similar to my setup?
Make it no larger than 7.5cu ft :) with 2 PRs :). A bit selfish here, but I am dreaming of seeing test results by you on my sub!!!!!
Think about it, 10 cu ft is a bit too large for most people. 7.5 like mine, now we are talking.

For others reading this thread, here is the reference
Jai's LMS 5400/Passive radiator design.
Thanks,
-Jai
Jai,

I thought you might like this new turn.

Well it depends on how much you donate... ;) I recall you promising a full $100 if test a PR sub too?

I think around 7.5 cu ft will be good.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Re: LMS-5400 / RL-p18" buy-in

What happened to all these?

Have you got enough money?

Very few or none?

It sounds like you are running this in two places and some may have committed from there. Had you not ran it there and only ran it here, would they not have still donated? They are still Shacksters, are they not?
I just sent my promised donation to Ilkka :bigsmile::daydream:

·
Registered
181 Posts
Re: LMS will happen after all!

What happened to all these?

Have you got enough money?

Very few or none?

It sounds like you are running this in two places and some may have committed from there. Had you not ran it there and only ran it here, would they not have still donated? They are still Shacksters, are they not?
Jai,

I thought you might like this new turn.

Well it depends on how much you donate... ;) I recall you promising a full $100?

I think around 7.5 cu ft will be good.
I just sent $50. If you run short, I will send more later :)

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
Re: LMS-5400 buy-in... Ilkka test Thread!

Update: I've got some donations from the members of the DVDPlaza forum. :hail:

The list so far:

steve nn $50
Ilkka $200
jmcomp124 $50
ISLAND 1000 $50
psysi $50
LuppoSu ~$67
prkl ~$27
Groke ~$7
kinks-58 ~$13
JaniH ~$13
Jeje2 ~$27
zekeman ~$75
jussi r ~13
-------------------
total ~$640
Yeah... I suppose there is a misunderstanding of sorts... I'm definitely confused.

I know at least 4 of the above are Shacksters:

steve nn $50
Ilkka $200
jmcomp124 $50
ISLAND 1000 $50

:bigsmile:

EDIT: So are you saying that this list does not reflect actual donations? It looks like you are saying they have already donated and they are all from DVDPlaza. I suppose that is where my confusion is.

·
Elite Shackster
1,468 Posts
Re: LMS-5400 buy-in... Ilkka test Thread!

Yeah... I suppose there is a misunderstanding of sorts... I'm definitely confused.

I know at least 4 of the above are Shacksters:

steve nn $50
Ilkka $200
jmcomp124 $50
ISLAND 1000 $50

:bigsmile:

EDIT: So are you saying that this list does not reflect actual donations? It looks like you are saying they have already donated and they are all from DVDPlaza. I suppose that is where my confusion is.
No, Sonnie.

That whole list was based on what people had _promised_, not paid. When I did that list, I hadn't even posted my Paypal account. When I finally posted my account info, no actual money transfers were made.

I'm saying that some people promised a lot but delivered nothing.

·
Registered
28 Posts

Even though I rarely go to these forums, when I do it is usually to see Ilkka testing out subs. So here is $10; not much but every bit counts. :T

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #48

You mean because we say we're going to do something, we actualy need to follow through?:heehee: PM me your address Ilkka and I'll send you a M/O tomorrow. I need to keep this hidden from you know who until everything is ironed out. :) Anyway that's great news, really looking forward to it. After Jai built his, I'm back salivating over the LMS again.

Glad to see you aboard Chris, everything helps.

·
Premium Member
413 Posts

$40 US minus whatever the fees are has been sent your way Ilkka. I am interested to see how this driver performs as it is one I would be quite interested in purchasing in the future if it is the monster it claims and seems to be.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts

Check your PAYPAL account. My donation was sent this AM. My donation supports the experiment/build/test of the 18" LMS-5400. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
960 Posts

I'll be sending a donation tomorrow ;) Can't wait to see the lms-5400 in all its glory and properly tested.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #54

I'll be sending a donation tomorrow
Thats great Ex, good to see yuh on board!

I keep making a post regarding the other issue and then deleting it. All I'll say is time, experience and history has had a effect of my view of the matter... unsubstantiated or otherwise.

·
Registered
181 Posts

Looks like Ilkka is running short with only few donations. I sent another $50. I hope more of us would be prompted to donate more :). No pressure, just a thought.

·
Elite Shackster
1,468 Posts

I'll be sending a donation tomorrow ;) Can't wait to see the lms-5400 in all its glory and properly tested.
Are you sure you typed the correct e-mail? I haven't received anything from you yet. :)

·
Elite Shackster
1,468 Posts

Looks like Ilkka is running short with only few donations. I sent another $50. I hope more of us would be prompted to donate more :). No pressure, just a thought.
Thank you so much Jai! I wish there were more people like you. :clap:

And yes, I'm still putting a lot of my own money in the pot, especially when the PRs were $250 each, not $169 as their site says (higher price because they now use Ti cones). :spend:

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #58

And yes, I'm still putting a lot of my own money in the pot, especially when the PRs were $250 each, not $169 as their site says (higher price because they now use Ti cones).
I'm sorry to hear that Ilkka... seriously! Well be sure to put the RL-p $$ I sent with the LMS even though it's not much. Sorry I didn't send more though, if it weren't for my wife insisting I pick up a SDX, it would have freed up a little more.:spend:

·
Banned
22,577 Posts

Hey guys... I deleted the 14 posts in this thread that were referencing the deleted thread at AVS, since the discussion really had nothing to do with the topic of this thread. I realize the deleted thread was referencing the "buy in", but the discussion about it being deleted was off topic. Let's try not to bring that stuff over here since it goes against what we are about and what we are trying to do. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
960 Posts

Are you sure you typed the correct e-mail? I haven't received anything from you yet. :)
haha, Im sending it as I type this.. ;)

Edit: There...everything this poor college student had in his paypal account...sent your way... all $13.75 of it ;)

41 - 60 of 312 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.