Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
That sounds like a great idea Wayne. I sure don't understand crossovers like you are referring to. I thought I knew what they did, but learned they can do a little more from my experiences this weekend.

I guess I have been living under a rock, because I really had no idea that two-channel was as alive and kicking as it is. It was a very exciting weekend for me.

We did miss you on Friday night. We had a pretty big crowd and Babe's was delicious. The HTS crew ate at Saltgrass Steakhouse Saturday night... while not the best steak I have eaten, it was very good. The appetizers were awesome.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Here's the PDF file for the handout used in the "Crossover Electronics 101" seminar:
This document provides useful electronics formulas and shows several schematics and associated transfer functions. When the ones that are underdamped are used to play music through, you can really hear the peaks. Sounds nasal, because of quarter-wave modes in the horn and/or from resonant peaking in the crossover.

That document and other useful whitepapers are available on the PiSpeakers.com website at the bottom of the page.

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Awesome... thanks Wayne... maybe I can learn something. I like the idea of a seminar so we can hear the differences too. Why not just come on over to Alabama for a weekend. I am sure we can gather up a few folks. :bigsmile:

41 - 45 of 45 Posts