Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to find parts and repair manuals for a JVC PC-X250 Boom Box shelf system.I have had no luck on the web so far.Can anyone point out a free d/load site? Muchos Grassy :T

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I bought this radio at a yard sale for 5 bucks.Initially it wouldn't power on.I was gonna trash it but thought it might be worth looking into for that little bit o' money.I opened it up and poked around and heres where I'm at with it.The power cord is good,AC in plug is good,transformer is good,rectifier board is good and the fuse is also good.Now heres where things get strange.After I found out all of the above,I put it back together,plugged it up and mashed the power button.It actually came on.Unplugged and plugged it back in a few more times here at the house to see if I could get it too cut off and after each time it powered on.I set the clock and even chose a few presets,which all stayed in memory.I thought OK I'm good to go........Took it too work and set it up to listen to it.I mashed the power button and it came on but after a few minutes,the display screen turned to "hieroglyphs".Turned it off and on a few times and then unplugged it.When I plugged it back in.....nothing...no show on the power! So I brought it back to the house.Now ITS' WORKING.It seems to work when it feels like it more or less.When I cut it on a few minutes ago,it had a slight humm to it with the volume turned down.Now it has no humm............LOL.It must be something to do with the electronic boards.It has 2 inside.1 has a few processors in it with the CD player attached and the other is just basically plugs and wires connected to the mother board. I e-mailed JVC and they are pretty much just trying to get me into the repair center.I keep getting a generic e-mail response.Something to the effect of "We have a very short list of parts you can buy.Otherwise see your service tech. where he can fix it" kinda thing.If I had a place to buy parts or knew the part numbers,I would just go with replacing the 2 boards on the inside and call it a day.I'm gonna take them out and see if I can't find a part number somewhere on it,maybe this weekend.I'm sorry this was such a long response.I wanted to include everything I know so far in the hopes of maybe somebody can help me get right with this radio.I'd love to give it a good home but I'd also like it too be working properly.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well what I done was d/loaded a parts list from a site for 5 bucks.Low and behold on the front page what does it say? "All printed circuit boards and its assemblies are not available for service parts".I'm not exactly sure what that means.I'm assuming they want you to buy a new one once yours goes out of warranty.I appreciate your and you friend lookin out for me though.If I can find out exactly what/where the problem is,Rad Shack might be able to do something to help me out with a generic part.Well see........I'll tinker around with it in my spare time.Right now its working 50/50.I did manage to buy a remote on the cheap from E-Bay and that part of it works great.It's gotta be somethin really simple and stupid makin it act like were married.:blink:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts