Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Moderator Emeritus
3,772 Posts
Great series of photos! :T These do a fantastic job of showing what can be done with OTS paints and that special screen mixes (especially the overly complicated mixes promoted elsewhere) are simply not needed much of the time. The advantages of an OTS paint are that it is cheaper than specialty screen mixes and there is NO chance of seeing any sparkle, graininess, shimmer or haze in the image. There is also no chance of hot spotting when using a flat finish OTS paint and you will be seeing the same image brightness no matter where you set in the room.

BTW, did you have any problems getting HD to tint your Glidden paint to 'Veil'?

Next step is to calibrate your PJ to the screen. The most important adjustments (brightness and contrast) can be done for free if you have a DVD that has the THX Optimizer on it.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Great series of photos! :T These do a fantastic job of showing what can be done with OTS paints and that special screen mixes (especially the overly complicated mixes promoted elsewhere) are simply not needed much of the time. The advantages of an OTS paint are that it is cheaper than specialty screen mixes and there is NO chance of seeing any sparkle, graininess, shimmer or haze in the image. There is also no chance of hot spotting when using a flat finish OTS paint and you will be seeing the same image brightness no matter where you set in the room.

BTW, did you have any problems getting HD to tint your Glidden paint to 'Veil'?

Next step is to calibrate your PJ to the screen. The most important adjustments (brightness and contrast) can be done for free if you have a DVD that has the THX Optimizer on it.
Thank you very much everyone for the nice comments.

I had zero problems with the color at HD. I read direct from your post and had it 5 minutes later.

I will look into the calibration asap.

After viewing it before leaving, i think i will sand it with some fine grit and maaaaaybe one more coat. I wanted to let the second coat dry overnight to see its quality.

Now i just need to get the frame up

21 - 23 of 23 Posts