Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,
I appreciate the wealth of knowledge I've gained from lurking and now I'm planning a 25 inch cube design using a Maelstrom-X and 2x 18" PRs.

I'm looking for comments on this design I sketchup'd. Maybe your more experienced eye will spot something or have suggestions.

It's a link because I posted it in another thread but I believe this is the more appropriate category.
http://www.hometheatershack.com/for...rom-2xpr18-prebuild-questions.html#post148481

·
Banned
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
In the interest of saving time I opted to get the box cut and assembled by someone on diyaudio offering cnc cutting. I decided to go that route after estimating my costs considering that I would end up having to rent or borrow most of the tools. He is also drilling the mounting holes and rounding over all the box edges.

I'll be sure to still make an official build thread. I'll be doing driver impedance measurements, box tuning, building a SSF and equalizing with a BFD.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I built a similar sub with a 15" SDX-15 and 2 of their MDF 18" PR's. I love the sound from mine, I bet yours will be even better and louder. Here is how mine modeled and turned out:

I was in too much of hurry to do any kind of finish though, here it is in it's cozy home:

I am also interested in how your DIY ssf turns out, I would like to build one at around 18Hz for mine.

·
Registered
30 Posts
No need for having help moving furniture again, just fire that bad-boy up!! Great fit and finish! Did I read that correctly...apartment! Your neighbors must be a great group of folks!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts