Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I've been using an old HP laptop with XP and a Creative E-MU 0204 USB sound interface; it's a great external card, but I'm going to be retiring the laptop and am shopping for something to replace it.

Unfortunately Creative has obsoleted it from Win8 driver support. It may work with Win7 but I want to get to Win 8/8.1.

Does anyone have suggestions on a great hi-fi USB sound card that works well with REW on Win 8 or 8.1 under $300 or maybe 400$?

I plan to use the laptop with external USB sound card not only for REW but to play back my CD collection I've saved as WAV files on my home theater -- so it needs to work well.

Keep up the good work!

Thanks in advance,

Ronan

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hello all,

I've been using an old HP laptop with XP and a Creative E-MU 0204 USB sound interface; it's a great external card, but I'm going to be retiring the laptop and am shopping for something to replace it.

Unfortunately Creative has obsoleted it from Win8 driver support. It may work with Win7 but I want to get to Win 8/8.1.

Does anyone have suggestions on a great hi-fi USB sound card that works well with REW on Win 8 or 8.1 under $300 or maybe 400$?

I plan to use the laptop with external USB sound card not only for REW but to play back my CD collection I've saved as WAV files on my home theater -- so it needs to work well.

Keep up the good work!

Thanks in advance,

Ronan
Can someone please recommend a forum here to help answer this -- if this isn't the right forum? Since I'll be using my e-Mu 0204 USB card with both REW AND as an output D/A for my HI-Fi should I post elsewhere?

There are so many categories here I'm not sure.

Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts