Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi - this is my first post here - I hope someone can help. I am looking for a processor for my home theater. My amps are both Emotiva XPA5 and 2, have Emotiva ERMs front and center and Paradigm ADP surrounds, a pair of SVS PC12 NSD subwoofers and a JVC dla RS4800 projector with Oppo bdp-93. The room is used 100% for movies - usually action/ adventure and sci fi. Also have roku and apple tv.

Here is my quandary - began with Emo UMC1 - not so successful. Went to UMC-200 - but still not satisfied as "clicks" persist ...

Budget would be $500 to hovering around $1,500 max, may be open to buying "used" - but that comes with warranty concern, don't wish to buy more than I need - am confused to what I really do need!

Please let me know what additional info would help - my home theater is silent since I boxed up the Emo to return

Thank you!

·
Registered
356 Posts
My suggestion would be to try to find a used Marantz AV7005. The going rate on these is between $500-600, I used to own one, and I don't think you can get more for less. Best of luck!

·
Premium Member
166 Posts
I had tried the UMC-1 too. Tried it for quite a while and returned it. I am now using a Denon X4000 and I am still using my 7 channel amp. I love having ability to run my two SVS Subs and have Audyssey do room correction. I also like the ability to run 9.2 in my theater.

Jeff

·
Registered
50 Posts
I was going to suggest a used Marantz AV7005, but looks like the decision has been made already. You might have been able to get a used AV7701 but unless you need 4K you probably won't need the new model.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts