Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
81 - 84 of 84 Posts

·
Elite Shackster
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #81 ·
Brute force won't take care of any nulls you may have... only room treatments will help out here. Not sure if that will come into the equation but keep it in mind.
Enough if it will!:bigsmile::bigsmile: Just kidding. I've played around with room treatments in the past and just never had any luck with them for the bass. Any suggestions for the 80hz or 56hz dips? I've moved this system to every different wall in the room and this is by far the best location. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
308 Posts
Hello thxgoon,

I read this tread now and I just want to inform you that I am building a sub project for the same reasons. My room is the same dimension 20 x 30 and need 2 subs with EQ to get optimal results.

http://www.hometheatershack.com/forums/diy-subwoofers/6832-pearless-xxls-12-passive-radiator.html

I think that 18" subs are the best but are to big to get the right WAF in my house (Whife Acceptance Factor) so I go with 12" drivers with passive radiators. I will put more info on my tread in the next week.

Did you complete your project ?

·
Elite Shackster
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #83 ·
Sounds like an awesome project! Can't wait to see your build. As for completing my project, page 3 of this thread as some listening impressions but I'm still tweaking EQ settings when I have time. So response is still not where I want it but it certainly has been a lot of fun.

·
Registered
636 Posts
We ended up at 20hz tuning due to the confines of the design and port length. I couldn't go with any longer ports without create a restricted air flow. They are 30" each and the box is 67" tall. We only have 7" between the ends of each port. We were looking to go to 15-18hz range but couldn't get their.
Yeah. That's why I went sealed with a simulated Linkwitz Transform applied. :)

Awesome build regardless. Looks very nice.

81 - 84 of 84 Posts