Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is for my TC2000 15" driver. I have built a LLT which i loved but the wife didn't. So in a moment of weakness i switched to a small sealed box and i don't like it nearly as much.

I thought I would try a mid sized ported box and hopefully be done. Has anyone had good luck around 6-8 cut foot?

thanks!!!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Hi Tim, we're in a similar position it seems. I have a pair of Audiopulse Revo 15's that I'm trying to decide on enclosures for. I actually would prefer LLT but I'm but sure of a couple of things. First, did you have your TC 2000 down-firing or front-firing? I've read and been told that it's best to front-fire these drivers but I'm not sure if that's true. Next, I'm wondering the shape of the enclosure you used. I have 6" aeroports that I'm using and I'm not sure if it's best to fire the port up if the driver is down-firing, for example. Seems like higher frequencies would escape from the port as well if the opening faces the back of the driver. What about wall damping material - did you use any and does it make a big difference? I'm thinking of about 11 ft^3 tuned to around 15 Hz.

Just a thought with regard to your mid-size enclosure build. Maybe something like the MFW-15 from AV123. Those aren't too big and are tuned to around 16 Hz, according to Mark Shifter (I actually spoke with him personally!) Plus, it's a proven design...

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Tim, we're in a similar position it seems. I have a pair of Audiopulse Revo 15's that I'm trying to decide on enclosures for. I actually would prefer LLT but I'm but sure of a couple of things. First, did you have your TC 2000 down-firing or front-firing? I've read and been told that it's best to front-fire these drivers but I'm not sure if that's true. Next, I'm wondering the shape of the enclosure you used. I have 6" aeroports that I'm using and I'm not sure if it's best to fire the port up if the driver is down-firing, for example. Seems like higher frequencies would escape from the port as well if the opening faces the back of the driver. What about wall damping material - did you use any and does it make a big difference? I'm thinking of about 11 ft^3 tuned to around 15 Hz.

Just a thought with regard to your mid-size enclosure build. Maybe something like the MFW-15 from AV123. Those aren't too big and are tuned to around 16 Hz, according to Mark Shifter (I actually spoke with him personally!) Plus, it's a proven design...
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/attachment.php?attachmentid=105867&d=1206657451

1 - 5 of 5 Posts