Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My measurement curves up at the high end. Can this be correct? I do not have the box checked for "C" weighted meter. I am going to be using a ECM 8000 mic. The sound card used is the Behringer UCA202. Computer is a Macbook Pro. When I tried to set the levels, I could not get them within 3db of each other. There were no adjustments available on the soundcard settings screen and using the OS sound settings I could not get them within 3db either. The difference was 5.5db.

Next question
Since I have saved the sound card calibration file, what happens when I also need to add the mic calibration file? Thank you for the help.

Attachments

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Here is the first measurement of my family room set up. This room is very large (12,500 + CF) and I only have a single 18" sealed sub in this room. Room is sealed. Once I learn how to use REW in this room, I will take it into my dedicated room. From looking at the graph it looks reasonable to me. This was run at a low level of 75db. Sweep ran from 15hz to 200hz. Sub crossover is set to 80hz.

Added
The signal was feed through ECM 8000, Behringer MIC2200, Behringer UCA202 to an Onkyo 805 AVR. The system had been calibrated with Audssey before measurement.

Attachments

·
Registered
678 Posts
It looks reasonable. This is a measurement of the sub with the mains? Were you running in stereo mode with both mains driven during the sweep? You would like to think that Audyssey would set the level of the sub to match that of the mains. Yours may be elevated because you measured the two fronts together, or it may be deliberate or desirable because the TX-SR805 predates Audyssey DynEQ.

Bill

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It looks reasonable. This is a measurement of the sub with the mains? Were you running in stereo mode with both mains driven during the sweep? You would like to think that Audyssey would set the level of the sub to match that of the mains. Yours may be elevated because you measured the two fronts together, or it may be deliberate or desirable because the TX-SR805 predates Audyssey DynEQ.

Bill
I fed the signal into the 805 and I had the 805 set to stereo, but I only fed the signal to the right input. So I guess this is the sub and the right main only. I need to add a splitter so that I can feed the signal to both mains.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Here is a measurement for all four subs (1,250cf room) using Radio Shack meter with correction file. Used internal sound card (with calibration loop) of mac book pro. Subs are crossed to mains at 80hz. Two bands of EQ applied. Subs are 18" Maelstrom-X 6.5CF sealed, two 1.3CF sealed TC Sounds and a 2.2CF sealed 12" Shiv-X. Mains are JTR T8's. Sweep was run from 5hz to 200hz.

Added
This is my dedicated room.

Attachments

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Did a little more playing around with EQ. Still only using two bands. This is with a 5db vertical scale and no smoothing. This is with all four subs and mains. Crossover is 80hz.

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.