Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My son wiggled the hdmi cable while it was plugged in. it is now loose and will not provide a picture. i have switched to component, but Play station 3 only has HDMI connectors. Is there a way to replace HDMI output on tv or is there a way to connect ps3 to tv? I have tried the cable that has hdmi on one end and component on the other end, but doesnt seem to work. Many thanks.

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
My son wiggled the hdmi cable while it was plugged in. it is now loose and will not provide a picture. i have switched to component, but Play station 3 only has HDMI connectors. Is there a way to replace HDMI output on tv or is there a way to connect ps3 to tv? I have tried the cable that has hdmi on one end and component on the other end, but doesnt seem to work. Many thanks.
It may be possible to repair it. Did you try holding it in place? Did you try a different cable?

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
These can be very tricky to replace, and hard to find the right connector. You may just have a cracked solder joint where it connects to the board. If the connector itself is damaged, there is not much you can do but try to get it replaced or replace the board. Your best bet might be to try to find a shop with a scrap board that they can pull a connector off of.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.