Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,785 Posts
Or maybe I misunderstood your statement. If you're just talking about the projector, yes, it's pulling air from the room. What it does next is use that air to cool down the projector, which heats up the air, and spits it back out into the room, continuously. If you don't have airflow in and out of the room, the projector will eventually heat all of the air in the room, which is what you are complaining about. If you allow the room to exchange air with the rest of the house, the projector will have much more air to work with.
Most likely that is why my projector does not heat up the room... We have 2 4' wide openings to other rooms.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Or maybe I misunderstood your statement. If you're just talking about the projector, yes, it's pulling air from the room. What it does next is use that air to cool down the projector, which heats up the air, and spits it back out into the room, continuously. If you don't have airflow in and out of the room, the projector will eventually heat all of the air in the room, which is what you are complaining about. If you allow the room to exchange air with the rest of the house, the projector will have much more air to work with.
Bedroom door is wide open.. how much more air exchange do I need? Lol

·
Registered
681 Posts
Bedroom door is wide open.. how much more air exchange do I need? Lol
Like I said, it works best if you have a separate intake and exhaust that are across the room from each other, otherwise you're mostly just exchanging the air in front of and behind the doorway. I'm not sure how else to explain it.

If your doorway is across the room from where the projector is, a single 24"x12" vent at the top of the wall close to the projector for exhaust along with the open door as an intake should work well, especially if you put a fan on it. If the door is on the same wall that the vent will be in though, the air will mostly just circulate from the door, along the wall, through the vent and back to the door on the other side of the wall, unless you have a ceiling fan in the room. All of this of course assumes that the air in the rest of the house is cooler than the air in the room.

·
Premium Member
2,539 Posts

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
This is the type AC system I was talking about.
Watch the video on the website to see how it is installed.
There are lots of different manufactures for this type of unit.
https://www.goductless.com/Friedrich/MW09Y3FM-9000-BTU-Multizone-Ductless-Air-Conditioner-Air-Handler/14398.ac#

Here is one for $223 that would probably do the job for you.
https://www.acwholesalers.com/Panasonic/CS-S9NKUA-8500-BTU-21-SEER-Wall-Mounted-Air-Conditioner-Air-Handler/30541.ac?gclid=CL-Pl7rYm7cCFSNo7AodFxcA-g
Thats cool....pun intended...:)

I wonder about the installation costs considering running electrical, punching a hole, pad for the conditioner.

·
Registered
17 Posts
this is a common issue especially when people construct their own dedicated theatre room. The issue lies in the ventalation of the room. Is there a cold air return in the room your theater is in? If no, then that is the issue, you need circulation in the room to move the cold air on the bottom to the top of the room which will move the hot air in the cold zone and regulate the temp of the room. If you do have a cold air return, is the fan of the HVAC system running all the time? If not, turn it on so the cold air return is running all the time, this will not ruin the HVAC system or cause the fan to burn out, and it does not take alot of enery to run a fan.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts