Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,I am new here and quite green at all of this,I want to use a Inuke1000 to power 2 suwoofers and my question is ,Can I run 1 sub per channel and will both channels do Low pass in,I think I have it worded right.I have more questions but I will do one at a time so I dont get mixed up.Thank You In Advance,Cleon.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What is sending the signal to the amp, a home theater receiver?
no it is a technics su v8x intergrated amp,I will be useing the tape monitor loop but for now I want to know if I can do 2 subs with one Inuke.Then I will expand on the rest.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the reason I want to use the Inuke is that the subs are a 2 ohm load and a plate amp will not do that load.

·
Premium Member
19,397 Posts
The crossover switch on the amp puts 100 hz and below to channel B and 100 hz and above to channel A. The iNuke 1000DSP is the same. I'm not sure if the crossover switch is active or what effect it would have if the amp is in bridged mode. It would be worth investigating since your subs can be wired together for a 4 ohm load.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok here is what I havefirst in the link is a wdtv live conneccted to a magnavox 41"lcd ,then from the magnavox headphone out and into the technics amp on the tape input.I have Bic fh6 lcr speakers on the technics.I want to use the Inuke 1000 as a sub amp,so I need to know if I can use 2 subs with one amp.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The crossover switch on the amp puts 100 hz and below to channel B and 100 hz and above to channel A. The iNuke 1000DSP is the same.
so the inuke will need 2 amps,The Crown xls series will do what I need but It is more costlier ,I wanted to get the Inuke it seemed like it offered more for the price.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ok how would I wire the drivers to get a 4 ohm load as I understand it the drivers are 5 ohms each and in series will be 10 ohms and in paralel will be 2 ohms correct,so how would I get 4 ohms?

·
Registered
17 Posts
What type of drivers are you using; single voice coil dual voice coil brand. Parallel would be more like 2.5 ohms you will not be able to get a 4 ohm load out of your drivers

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
What type of drivers are you using; single voice coil dual voice coil brand. Parallel would be more like 2.5 ohms you will not be able to get a 4 ohm load out of your drivers
they are boston 10" single voice coil they are replacement drivers for a bk-2500 speaker system,that is all the info i have on them I cannot find a spec sheet or anything on them,first picture is inductance ,second is ohms.
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
here they are in the enclosures,I am using this design I wanted to try out.there are seperate inputs on the back for each speaker and they are banana plug type.yes I am a noobie to this so I need some guidance.

[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
my main dilema is,I am having a hard time finding something that will do the 2 ohm load plate amps will not at least the ones in my budget wont.same with the avr amps.so the only thing close I have found is the inuke and it has a crossover built in I just need to figure out how to power 2 subs with one unit.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I believe you can run the inuke in dual mono mode to power both speakers or you can save a little more money to buy the crown amp I think someone mentioned. Keep in mind you will need special connectors/adapters to make it work.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I believe you can run the inuke in dual mono mode to power both speakers or you can save a little more money to buy the crown amp I think someone mentioned. Keep in mind you will need special connectors/adapters to make it work.
yea I am considering the Crown,but also I am considering later geting a second Inuke to run thesus and satelites per unit.Yea the connectors are going to be my next question but first I need to find a sutiable amp solution.

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
Hi, I am running an iNuke1000 in "stereo" (=2 channel) mode to drive two 5 Ohm subs. Also use a miniDSP as active XO. No worries from their operation over here !

·
Premium Member
19,397 Posts
If you have 4 separate 5 ohm single coil subs they can be wired together for a 5 ohm load.

Substitute 5 ohm for the 4 ohm in the diagram.

The iNuke does 1000 watts into 4 ohms in bridged mode, probably 850 watts into 5 ohms in bridged mode.

Now it's just a matter of getting 80 hz and lower going to the subs.

Text Blue Diagram Line Circle

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
If you have 4 separate 5 ohm single coil subs they can be wired together for a 5 ohm load.

Substitute 5 ohm for the 4 ohm in the diagram.

The iNuke does 1000 watts into 4 ohms in bridged mode, probably 850 watts into 5 ohms in bridged mode.

Now it's just a matter of getting 80 hz and lower going to the subs.

View attachment 47674
Ok got it and Understand,What do you mean about getting the 80hz to the subs,doesn't the inuke provide the cutoff frequency?I was under the impression that I would not need a crossover if I used the Inuke.
or would one of these euro power amps work better http://www.behringer.com/assets/EPX2800_EPX4000_WebBrochure.pdf

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
By crossover I meant Low Pass Filter, the Technics amp is sending full range to the iNuke, you need to block 80 hz and above for your subs.
I thought the Inuke got the full range then filtered it to the speakers in a LPF in the inuke?

1 - 20 of 37 Posts