Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, I'm trying to decide on a mic pre and like the FireWire Solo. It seems, (from search), there were/are issues getting it to work with REW. Most posts on subject were several months to a year old. Has anyone used this unit successfully with XP OS? I like the 24 bit and firewire capability. PreSonsus firewire seems to have issues as well. Any thoughts appreciated.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
FireWire Solo has mic in / and line outs via 1/4" TRS connections. Interconnect diagram 3, shows external pre connection to PC via USB.
firewire feature is useless with REW
So REW will recognize USB but not firewire? M-Audio pre USB seems to work (via search), was asking if anyone had luck with firewire connection, (may purchase MLS software in future). The search I ran for any info on REW / Solo combo turned up a little, but were mostly older posts. Curious as to any success, (driver update / patch etc.), since latest post (7/27/09).

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It has:
total I/O: 6x4

simultaneous I/O: 4x4

24-bit/96kHz audio interface

front-panel microphone in (XLR) with:
• 48V phantom power
• gain control
• clip LED

front-panel guitar input (1/4” TS unbalanced) with:
• gain control
• clip LED

2 line inputs (1/4” TS unbalanced) on rear panel

front-panel switch toggles front/rear inputs

2 line outputs (1/4” TRS balanced)

S/PDIF digital I/O (RCA coax) with 2-channel PCM

digital output also supports pass-through of AC-3/DTS surround-encoded content

stereo headphone output (1/4” TRS)

level control for headphone and analog outs

flexible software-based routing/mixing with near-zero latency monitoring

dual FireWire ports for easy device chaining

FireWire bus-powered (+12VDC power supply included for use with 4-pin FireWire PCs)

ASIO2, WDM, GSIF2, MME and Core Audio compatibility

·
Registered
7,514 Posts
We do know that REW will not work with firewire connected devices using Mac's, but the assumption is that it would be fine with Windows OS, although I don't remember anyone posting that they were successful.

brucek

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks all for the response. I'll probably go with the M-Audio USB, but might just try to catch a cheap, Solo (Firewire), version on e-pray and try it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts