Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 4 of 16 Posts

· Registered
7,514 Posts
I tried to do this using the loopback connection but the bar indicators showing input levels remained at -73 DB
Then there is no use carrying on until that problem is solved.
Tell me about the loopback connection you used to run the soundcard calibration routine.

brucek

· Registered
7,514 Posts
I got the "mono" (which I believe is the same as TS) plugs
Correct. TS stands for tip and sleeve. The TRS (what you have called stereo) stands for tip, ring, sleeve.

In a TS plug, the tip is the unbalanced (+) plus signal and the sleeve is the ground.
With the TRS plug, the tip is the (+) positive balanced signal, the ring is the (-) balanced signal and the sleeve is the ground. Standard practice is to use a TS plug in a TRS jack if you want to unbalance the signal (for connecting to an already unbalanced interface). The TS plug shorts the sleeve (ground) and the ring (-) signal together to unbalance the balanced connection.

Specifically, I'm not sure how to connect the M-Audio to the AVR. If I have to limit the connection to one wire, then maybe someplace there is a way to send "mono" input to the AVR and have it distribute the signal to L, R, and/or sub.
Simple. Connect the mono channel (left or right line-out) from REW to your AUX or CD input of the AVR with a Y-splitter. Then place the AVR in stereo and enable your bass management crossover in the AVR (i.e. small mains). Now if you want to check the sub alone, you remove the mains speaker wires (with the power off). The other speakers won't be active in stereo.
If you want to test the mains by themselves, simply turn off the sub. If you want the mains + sub, connect the mains speakers and turn on the sub.

brucek

1 - 4 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.