Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Tried to dl and run the last listed Mac version of RoomEqWizardv5, ought to be a zip file, but all I get is an app file my MacBook Pro says is damaged and I have to delete. What to do?

Marius

·
Premium Member
1,400 Posts
Do you have this control panel in your version of OSX ( this is from Mountain Lion ) ?

If so, this security control panel is acting as a "gatekeeper", inconveniently preventing downloads from non-Apple authorized products .

Click the box , "Anywhere", and try again .

:sn:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No That's not it, most of the time Gatekeeper warns you can not run this app, because of security reasons. Ctrl-click does the trick in those cases.
With the REQW app, it says it is damaged, and I have to delete it. No other option.
Strange thing is the link is a zip file, but all I can see is an .app file...:scratch:

Marius

·
Registered
19 Posts
The suggestion came from another Mac user who posted it within this thread.

His (problem) was about a (very) similar situation with OSX.

FWIW, I've uploaded the zipped OSX version of REW below ( I looked, & there are 4 files zipped together ) .

:sn:
Yep. I'm the one who posted the "problem" with Mountain Lion. The error message ("Damaged File") threw me. Once you relax the gatekeeper settings, everything works like a champ. The files are just fine.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have had the same issue until - I swapped the .app from downloads to applications.

The error message still occurred after I changed the gatekeeper settings, before I moved the app. So I can not tell you exactly if this was a must to get REW running.

that should solve the problem.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I personally don't think turning off application signature checking, an important security feature of the OS, is a good solution.

What you *can* do is launch the Jar directly. Right (or control) click the app, select show package contents, navigate to the Java folder, and right click the RoomEQ_Wizard_obf.jar file and select open (you will be prompted the first time you run it, and after that you can just double-click it.)

It's not a permanent solution, but I also don't run the program very often.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts