Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
Welcome to HTS!

To my knowledge the fewer bends, the better as far as ports go (less risk of reduced SPL contribution). Full U-shape bends can be okay as well but are less desireable than L-shape bends.

I wouldn't bother with the 45 degree inserts. The rule of thumb for end of port clearance is to allow at least one diameter of distance. For a slot port I'd go by the narrowest dimension, the height of the slot. Be sure that you are precisely calculating your slot port length to include the bends and/or thickness of the wood.

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
Looks good to me. It will certainly dig deep! One more thing you could check is apparent amplifier power, but if you aren't boosting anything I'm sure it's plenty safe.

Also, do you know Xlim/Xmech/Xsusp on the IXL or do you only have Xmax?

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
I see.

Ya, I meant to ask you to check the apparent amp power graph in winISD. That will show you how close and at what frequencies you are coming close to your amp's 650W rated power.

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
have never (ever) checked the apparent load power graph in winisd before. never knew they existed as never read any discussion about them in any build threads. maybe i missed some.

the apparent load power maxed out at 500VA at 150hz. i'm probably gonna be crossing them at 100hz. safe to assume that the amp won't see it being loaded more than 450w during operation?
Yep, most people don't even think to check. It's usually only a concern when you are using EQ to boost frequencies. Keep in mind it's just an estimate as well, but ya, looks like your amp won't be stressed much :T

1 - 4 of 4 Posts