Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,941 Posts
Any Updates Kano? Graphs maybe? Impressions?

Blaser

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Yeah, its mostly done. I've only use it for about 5 hours, so its still breaking in. The bass is incredible for the money I have into it. I love having it on when I play xbox 360 and its great for music. I haven't watched a movie yet as life has been busy at our house with relatives and other things. I will post some pics soon. I don't have any measuring equipment and don't have a budget for one. I can tell you that this driver amazed me, it may only have 12mm of excursion but it can put out alot of bass. I think more people on a tight budget should think about this driver.

·
Premium Member
1,941 Posts
Yeah, its mostly done. I've only use it for about 5 hours, so its still breaking in. The bass is incredible for the money I have into it. I love having it on when I play xbox 360 and its great for music. I haven't watched a movie yet as life has been busy at our house with relatives and other things. I will post some pics soon. I don't have any measuring equipment and don't have a budget for one. I can tell you that this driver amazed me, it may only have 12mm of excursion but it can put out alot of bass. I think more people on a tight budget should think about this driver.
No need for expensive equipment. REW will suffice :bigsmile:

Blaser

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I did front firing because I was eventually hoping to sell it to a friend and he liked that better than downfiring (I dont know why). I still have to add 3/4" mdf to the top and bottom, attach trim, paint, stain, make grill, etc & etc, but it works.

I'll have to check out the REW. I downloaded it at home but did not check it out because I've been so busy.

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
Yeah... lookin' pretty good.

You need to be spanked for not already using REW... :paddle: Once you figure it out, you can then post us some graphs on your sub. :yes:

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Don't you have to have an SPL meter or a mic to use REW? I don't have either.:crying:

·
Premium Member
1,941 Posts
Shouldn't be very difficult to afford one:rant:

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Shouldn't be very difficult to afford one:rant:
House+car+utility bills+wife & three kids+one paycheck=No money for mic or SPL meter.

I would love to measure the sub but it will have to wait, unless someone wants to lend me an spl meter.

·
Registered
361 Posts
House+car+utility bills+wife & three kids+one paycheck=No money for mic or SPL meter.
Exactly the same situation I have. I'm having trouble getting the spl meter or anything else for that matter. Wanting to build a sub, but don't know when or if I'll be able to.

·
Premium Member
1,941 Posts
You can even try to find a used one!

·
Friend of the Shack
1,356 Posts
True! I just sold one for $39 shipped. I've upgraded to the Galaxy, and didn't need the RS anymore (the RS was a fine meter BTW). There was quite a group around here that bought the Galaxy, so it's possible that there are some RS meters that are lonely and in a dark place, neglected and no longer cared for, just waiting to be sent to a new home. Perhaps a "WTB" classified can help some of them find that new home?

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Hey Scott,
Just found your thread on your sub build in Alaska. Man, I give you credit for gittn er dun. Way to go, it looks great. Hope you and the family have enjoyed it.
Any comments after more than 6 months worth of use?

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Well, all in all I am happy. It does pretty good for movies and can be downright scary at times. My home theater still hasn't been drywalled and I am a long way from finishing it. I will probably do an IB sub with 4 - 18" IXL drivers from Mach 5. My current sub does a great job for now and I can't complain. I don't have any measurements on my sub and I probably won't until I build and IB and the room is done.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts