Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just watched this movie last night because of nothing else to watch. It stars Gerald Butler as the real life machine gun preacher Sam Childers. The movie is based on true events that happened and is still going on in Northern Uganda and Southern Sudan. It's based on the ruthless terrorist Joseph Kony and the (LRA) Lord's Resistance Army. The movie turned out to be an interesting well made film made and produced by Relativity Films. The video and audio were also top notch for a DVD, could not find the BD, don't know if it is available on Blu-Ray. I did not expect much when I rented from Redbox but was both surprised and emotionally involved after a short time into it. It made me stop and think how Blessed we are and take for granted how we are allowed to live our lives and make our own chioces in this country, a gift that the people of Uganda and Sudan do not have. It is inspiring to say the least. After the movie is over and during the credits there are some actual photos and footage of the real people involved including Sam Childers and Joseph Kony along with good music and a message from the real Sam Childers that really makes you think...what would I be willing to do? Enjoy and express your take if you decide to do so.
Cheers Jeff

1 - 1 of 1 Posts