Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

161 - 180 of 225 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Is that the driver rattling or something in the house ?

·
Registered
3,069 Posts
Maelstrom 21 Opus Dei Excursion Video.MPG

Opus Dei. Did a search for that and only came up with this

Laibach - opus dei

Same thing? Sorry never heard of it.

cheers

Graham

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #168
Maelstrom 21 Opus Dei Excursion Video.MPG

Opus Dei. Did a search for that and only came up with this

Laibach - opus dei

Same thing? Sorry never heard of it.

cheers

Graham
Yeah, I'm not sure who the original artist is. It's club music, which isn't usually my thing. Here is the version I played. Maybe the guy that uploaded it can tell you.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #170 (Edited)
Hi mate,

I am just downloading it from him now. Cheers! It looks like a track that he has modified.

Graham
Yes, most of the ones with the deep bass are modified by this guy. That's why I keep going back to him. I've even pointed him to this thread in hopes that he might visit and offer some more of such videos where he supplements the bass, and adds the graphic.

·
Banned
1,074 Posts
IDevenK what to say right now, so I'm just gonna watch repeatedly for a while. I guess for now I'll say thank you, and, did you cut the end off? Too much excursion at the end? That has to be scary watching something that size move like that in person. Looks to me like an EP2500 still does OK below 20Hz :D

thank you a million times, pasting this on roe

·
Registered
3,069 Posts
Ive boosted my sub to 10hz flat with 14db at 20hz with the BFD filters. Seems fine up to -20db so I will give it a try higher to see what happens. I have a behringer 4000 amp. The second track is brill for low end though. I must say my 18" drivers were not moving that much all be it I didn't turn it up much. I have to say it is a bit scary though.

cheers

Graham

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #173
IDevenK what to say right now, so I'm just gonna watch repeatedly for a while. I guess for now I'll say thank you, and, did you cut the end off? Too much excursion at the end? That has to be scary watching something that size move like that in person. Looks to me like an EP2500 still does OK below 20Hz :D

thank you a million times, pasting this on roe
I'm enjoying making the silly videos. I'm not hot for excursion pr0n like you are, but I enjoy the science behind it...it's pretty amazing that we have this motor that turns current to mechanical energy, pumping waves of air to be us subsonic music. I find it all so fascinating...and I'm working on some neat ideas to make these videos more fun for those who aren't into the excursion Pr0n. I'll revise these two videos with better ones over the next week...or as I find time...I'm pretty busy this holiday with family stuff. Not much time to work on the home theater and all the sound treatments I want to build...

Ive boosted my sub to 10hz flat with 14db at 20hz with the BFD filters. Seems fine up to -20db so I will give it a try higher to see what happens. I have a behringer 4000 amp. The second track is brill for low end though. I must say my 18" drivers were not moving that much all be it I didn't turn it up much. I have to say it is a bit scary though.

cheers

Graham
Remember, that for every 3db you boost, you need double the power! (I think that's the ratio...I'm forgetful like that). You could be dumping everything the amp has for something you aren't going to hear.

·
Registered
3,069 Posts
I think it would probably be best to run a 10hz tone with no bfd filters and then with to see if the spl reads more or less between the two. My sub has a typical sealed roll off but on the graph it looked too much hence why I boosted it up.

Here's my link to show my un EQ'd graph (post 442)

The yellow line is the normal un EQ'd and the other two are my BFD filters I have applied for two presets.

http://www.hometheatershack.com/forums/diy-subwoofers-sealed-ported/21098-new-diy-sub-18.html

Do you think I need to boost the bottom end at all. Be good to get your opinion.

I hope you don't mind me asking.

cheers

Graham

·
Registered
3,069 Posts
The two above are the ones I have added 14db of boost at 20hz. The only below is pre EQ.
The yellow one is the pre EQ'd one. The two red ones are the EQ'd graphs.

Hope that makes sense.

cheers

Graham

·
Banned
1,074 Posts
I'm enjoying making the silly videos. I'm not hot for excursion pr0n like you are, but I enjoy the science behind it...it's pretty amazing that we have this motor that turns current to mechanical energy, pumping waves of air to be us subsonic music. I find it all so fascinating...and I'm working on some neat ideas to make these videos more fun for those who aren't into the excursion Pr0n. I'll revise these two videos with better ones over the next week...or as I find time...I'm pretty busy this holiday with family stuff. Not much time to work on the home theater and all the sound treatments I want to build...

Remember, that for every 3db you boost, you need double the power! (I think that's the ratio...I'm forgetful like that). You could be dumping everything the amp has for something you aren't going to hear.
Im all about the science myself, theres just so much to this whole game. It blows my mind that coils attatched to paper have horse power... albeit not too much..and that they can tear sheet metal. There's a few vids, scottie johsnson "look what the Brahma's did to my doors", a van with 4 Kicker SoloX18's, and then another guy on ROE Galacticmonkey that had 24 15's 4th order in a van... all three have videos of their door's sheetmetal tearing! From paper cones!

yes, 3dB=double

·
Registered
3,069 Posts
Hi mate,

I just played that second track at -15db with 14db of boost at 20hz with no issues at all. Doors were rattling a good en'. Still not any where near max excursion and got 5 green lights on the BFD. Will try it a bit later but the missus is asleep (or was). :rofl:

Oh I was getting pretty scared too.

cheers

Graham

161 - 180 of 225 Posts