Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a Maelstrom-x for my home theater/living room. I have an EP2500. I am looking to get a lot of output and want to hit some serious lows. I prefer sealed subs in my cars, but I shoot for sq there and with the Maelstrom I am looking for 90% home theater bass. My living room is 1400cft with a whole wall that is open to a stairway upstairs and another open door.

I have done a lot of internet homework, and really like Neodans 6cft vented box, but I would like to see if I could get some help with a ported box with either 2 6" ports or 8" port. Is it worth going ported with this sub? Eq sealed looks good, but I want to get as much output as I can.

As far as Eq/filters, any suggestions? Bassis, Sms-1, Antimode 8033, etc?

Size is not really an issue unless I go over 16cft... I keep being reminded by my wife that this is our living room.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice, do you have cut sheet or design. Ported is completely new for me.

Also won't I need a filter, any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Just make sure you do your math right, measure twice cut once and a ported box is no more difficult than a sealed one. You do need a subsonic filter and I'd recommend the SMS-1 because you get so many other goodies along with the software adjustable subsonic filter. It is worth the money to me over trying to kludge together the PEQ, mic, test signal etc...

I sell them, I'm just not allowed to put them on my web site due to Velodyne's Internet policy. For Exodus subwoofer customers, they are $500 shipped via UPS GND in the USA. They are full retail for ($599) for non- Exodus Subwoofer customers.

Kevin Haskins
Exodus Audio
www.diycable.com

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hmm, ~$500 shipped for Exodus customers; so, what's the brother-in-law deal:innocent:

Regards,

Larry

Just make sure you do your math right, measure twice cut once and a ported box is no more difficult than a sealed one. You do need a subsonic filter and I'd recommend the SMS-1 because you get so many other goodies along with the software adjustable subsonic filter. It is worth the money to me over trying to kludge together the PEQ, mic, test signal etc...

I sell them, I'm just not allowed to put them on my web site due to Velodyne's Internet policy. For Exodus subwoofer customers, they are $500 shipped via UPS GND in the USA. They are full retail for ($599) for non- Exodus Subwoofer customers.

Kevin Haskins
Exodus Audio
www.diycable.com

·
Banned
361 Posts
While I was at Menards today, I stopped to get a quote on 8" PVC as this forum and it's LLT threads have convinced me to return to round from slot ports, $50 for 10' of 8"!

HUGE

1 - 9 of 9 Posts