Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

101 - 113 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #102
martyall said:
Me either Matt. It is surely an awesome horn. I really like to see some updates about it. I will surely get some ideas here. :D
The finished photos have already been uploaded ! Haha

Sent from my iPhone using HTShack

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #103
Just watched some of the crazy bass sections in War of the Worlds...much better than my previous box as expected. I had my dad watching it as well, an he said the really low bass sections were making him dizzy, and my room walls were moving quite a bit. Haha.

I've finally settled into an EQ setting that I like. I can't remember if I had boosted 75hz or not when the AntiMode ran, but right now I'm cutting 75hz by about 12db. With a receiver crossover set at 90hz, those higher frequencies were just too pronounced and didn't allow enough of the sub 50hz content to come through and be heard as noticeably.

Sent from my iPhone using HTShack

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #104

·
Registered
272 Posts
Wow respect for the design choice :hail: ! This is the best sounding sub a man can make, period. No "weak" spots in the room, perfect transition and match driver-room, no BFD, all the issues of the ported and sealed enclosures solved ! Did you try how low it reaches? Be aware of the power to the driver though. Please tell us may it be by hearing only but how deep it gets? With Win ISD you could test it down to 10Hz with the signal generator. Once again my greatest repect :hail:

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #106
Wow respect for the design choice :hail: ! This is the best sounding sub a man can make, period. No "weak" spots in the room, perfect transition and match driver-room, no BFD, all the issues of the ported and sealed enclosures solved ! Did you try how low it reaches? Be aware of the power to the driver though. Please tell us may it be by hearing only but how deep it gets? With Win ISD you could test it down to 10Hz with the signal generator. Once again my greatest repect :hail:
Thank you for the kind words! I couldn't have done this without the help of everyone here at HTS, and my uncle as well.
Regarding how low it goes, I can get some window shake at 8hz, and output below 30hz is absolutely insane. I'm able to crack drywall and grout in my bathroom right next to my room when playing songs that have exclusively 25-27hz output in it. With the 8hz tone, you can feel a little pressure on your ears when it hits, and War Of The Worlds sounds pretty amazing as well. My dad left the room cause it was making him feel funny while playing the part in that movie when the pod comes out of the ground and starts shooting at people, and when the bridge collapses.

I still have a few air leaks, but they're only noticeable around 12-16hz. All I gotts do is turn it up a little bit, the pressurization in the room takes over, and I can't hear any more air leaks. lol

·
Registered
487 Posts
Have you taken any REW measurements yet mate?

Dying to see the actual output of this thing.

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #109
Have you taken any REW measurements yet mate?

Dying to see the actual output of this thing.
Didn't see this reply...sorry. But no, I haven't. I did a few tests on my iphone with an RTA analyzer (granted that is not even acceptable honestly) but the antimode is doing a great job of EQ'ing everything. The output is still really good. If you're curious to see the graph I can get, I can record my iphone's screen while running sweeps and post it here?

·
Registered
248 Posts
Awesome build and design,that should give your house a :hsd:

About the window ,how tick is it now?
I also put one small window in my bandpass ,i took 1 inch thick and used sealant to mount.

Edit after PM,sorry for my bad translate

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #113
Awesome build and design,that should give your house a :hsd: About the window ,how tick is it now? I also put one small one in my bandpass ,i took 1,2 inch tick and used special kit to stick it in.
Oh yeah it shook the house like crazy! And the window problem had basically been fixed. There might have still been a small leak between the two panels but it was very minimal.
I wonder what other woofers will work with this design?
I'm not sure what other drivers would work, I've not yet mastered hornresp enough to input different driver parameters and see the output.
The si18 maybe ?
I'm gonna give the Si a try in there when it comes in the mail :T

101 - 113 of 113 Posts