Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are there know issues with these sets? My pastor is having an issue with his. None of the inputs work. He can see dots on the screen but no picture on any input. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Matt

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Doing research on the web and it seems that these sets had power supply and cap issues. Can anyone verify this for me?

Matt

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
Power supply caps are the most common problem with many brands and models, but with this symptom I would be suspecting something else. Failures on the buffer boards are common in these and can cause this, but there are lots of possibilities. Without some troubleshooting, it is hard to even guess.

Caps are sometimes easy to identify when they are a problem, as they can swell and vent. Other times you need to test them or look at the output of a supply with a scope to identify problems. I suggest starting by just looking to see if you see anything obvious.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks! I will start by looking for anything obvious. What should I look for on the buffer boards?

Thanks for the help,
Matt

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
One chip getting hotter than the others, evidence of overheating, pinholes where they blow, loading down the Ysus board...I'd be looking to a ysus first, however. Get out your scope.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
We do have a scope here at the station, will I be looking for spikes? I just have to remember how to operate the thing. lol It's been years since I used one. :scratch:

Matt

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.