Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Recently had the set to a shop to replace convergance chips (STK 392-120). At the shop the tech turned on the set and it was in great working order. Payed the shop and brought the t.v. home.
Went to turn it on and the screen was broken up in horizontal bars, and flickering badly. It will stay on for about 10 to 20 seconds then power off and the LED will flash error code #9 till I unplug it. The shop said that it wasnt related to their work and will charge me for diagnostic and repair.

I have since then recived a service manual and read it. Also Phillips DPTV-400 training manual. So I now know that error code #9 is HCS-GDE communication failure. Which does not help me one bit.

Is this something I would be able to fix with average electrical skills or should I just save up to pay the repair man again.

Preemptive Thank you for any direction.

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
I would have to defer to someone with more Philips experience, but my guess would be a chip on the SSB. Replacing that board is not a big deal, other than recalibrating the set, IIRC.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you Icaillo. Your direction on these fourms is an asset with out equal. I would like to perform the work myself, yet, as you have said in other threads "the task is above your learning curve" applys to me on this problem. I have pulled the ssb board and the tests I have run with an ohm meter show all is working. So I will leave it to the professionals and run the small 20"er untill I recive it back.

Thanks again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts