Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,
hope everyone's doing great... so this is the situation, i have a friend that works at best buy and i will be able to get my sound system at a very good price, having said that, i am no sound expert...
I was thinking about htib but i got some negative replies from you guys.
I wanted to know if someone could give me some advice on which receivers and speakers would be best...
I'm looking for a decent receiver, subwoofer and 5.1 speaker system for about $1500 max and hopefully I can knock down a few hundreds with the discount...
My family room is 14 by 13
I have a ps3 and hdtv,

any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks !!

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Well, first I would recommend you read this and this.

After that, I would say get the Yamaha or Denon receiver that you like best. The other brands that BB sells (at least based on their website) like Pioneer and Harmon Kardon have realiabilty issues from what I've read/heard.

As for the speakers, I can't help you -- as the first link suggests, I'd audition them to see what sounds best to you. And if you're going to be spending that kind of coin, I'd recommend having a listen to some the speakers that you can find at the boutique shops -- you might find something for less (even with the discount) that you like better.

And don't buy any of your interconnects or speaker wire there -- even with your discount, monoprice.com is going to be cheaper for the same quality. (Monster products are notoriously overpriced).

Probably not that much help, but...:whistling:

Good luck and let us know how it all comes out!

JCD

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
I agree with JCD ... find out what the discount will be to see if is worth your purchase at BB.

With that $1500 you have a lot of options besides BB ...Do you know if you can pick anything from Magnolia???

1 - 3 of 3 Posts