Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

101 - 104 of 104 Posts

·
Moderator Emeritus
3,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #101
Awesome! Thanks a million! I know this is the development forum and that's why I'm here. I'm excited to see how the test panels with the N5 base turn out. Only way to get it to prime time is testing right :)?
You bet! Looking forward to your testing! :T

BTW, if possible, photos of your test panels, under room light and in use, would be great. ;)

·
Registered
85 Posts
The testing I did do has shown that the new AAA-F has a MUCH reduced chance of adding any sparkles to the final mix compared to the old version.

As for making an even darker BWU™ mix, I have made some sample to test for color just using an N5 paint and the new AAA-F in ratios of 4:1, 2:1 and even 1:1 and the results have been quite neutral and NO sparkles have been detected except with a magnifying glass.
I'm not sure how I managed to miss this really promising information, but I was wondering if anyone would be able to comment on the approximate gain of BW mixed in these higher concentrations..especially with the darker shades of grey?

Does jumping from the older 1:4 ratio up to a half-AAA/half-grey push the gain up around or even beyond 1.0 or does it seem to only make a small change.

If anyone has done any measuring or just rough comparison to flat-white or paper, I'd love to hear it.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Has anyone done any more work with the darker black widow? I've been happy with the original black widow for years but am in a new house and it's time for a new screen and I always wanted to try going darker.

I see the info Harpmaker posted above so i suppose i'll give one of those a try if there is no other new news.

Thanks again Harpmaker!

Thanks!

Mike

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all, is there any update on the new BW darker formula? I have been researching DIY screens and was all set to go with the Silver Fire mix, until I stumbled upon the Home Theater Shack site and the Black Widow mix. Is the current Black Widow mix as outlined on the Wiki site the best tried and true mix at this point? I am fairly new to all of this, so just looking for a little input before making any decisions. Thanks in advance.

101 - 104 of 104 Posts