Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I was wondering what your thoughts on nest type of ways to make custom grill's that would be great for a high excursion subwoofer using neo magnets. What size would the magnet need to be to hold a grill onto an enclosure housing a lms ultra and 2 passive radiator's that will be countersunk? Any thoughts on that will be appreciated. THANKS!

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Dimensions: 3/8" dia. x 3/16" thick
Tolerances: ±0.002" x ±0.002"
Material: NdFeB, Grade N42
Plating/Coating: Ni-Cu-Ni (Nickel)
Magnetization Direction: Axial (Poles on Flat Ends)
Weight: 0.0898 oz. (2.55 g)
Pull Force: 8.92 lbs

Do you guys think this would be too much for a grill that would be 3/4 inch plywood?

·
Registered
248 Posts
You would have to weight the grill. All I can tell you is that we have a few succion cup lifter and permanent magnet lifter at work and anything that lift 1000 pound horizontaly will lift half that verticaly. So you 8,92 lbs magnet should be able to hold about 4,5 pound verticaly if it's the same physic law behing this. With four of those you should be able to hold 18 pound. I would shot for more than needed because you don't want the grill to fall of constantly.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.