Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I'm in possession of a SVS PC-Ultra subwoofer and about 10 years ago I bought a BFD and SPL meter but I didn't have to use it for the past 8 years, as the measurements in my previuous listening room were pretty fine on the spot.

Recently I moved into an apartment and I noticed that some frequencies were too loud so I though I'dd do some measurements with REW. Unfortionatly it has been so long ago since my last measurment, that I seamed to have forgotten al lot of technical know how. So I'll need a lot of memory refreshing for the next few weeks. Hopefully, I'll find some time on my hands to read the instructions and du some measurements.

Since my last measurement, I now own a laptop. I noticed that I only have one mini-jack input which serves for both as a microphone and headphone input, so I'm afraid my laptop soundcard is not suitable for measurements.

I wonder what the best and cheapest option is to make a measurments. I guess I need an external soundcard? Is the 24-bit Live soundcard from Creative still the best option for me?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts