Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
went to watch a movie today, as soon as the bass hit, it sounded like there was a tin can inside my sub rattling around.

i measured the voice coils they are 4 ohms, it was behaving fine up until this.

the first day i had it i played war of the worlds, the lightning scene made a loud pop in the sub i immediatly turned it down, tested it afterwards it was working fine, then stoped using it untill my hpf came. installed the hpf, everything was peachy and i enjoyed the sub very much.

now it makes a tin can rattling noise. i took the sub out of the tube it makes it even in open air, its definatly coming from the sub. The terminal posts on the sub are tight and not rattling, i cant see any cracks in the metal. It sounds like its coming from inside the sub.

here is a vid of the noise, its very aparent at the end, but the vid/sound quality is poor.

Any help would be awesome, kevin if your around and have an idea id appreciate it, thanks.
http://s83.photobucket.com/albums/j285/oishisakana/?action=view&current=VIDEO0002.mp4

·
Elite Shackster
7,142 Posts
Its worth checking the tinsel leads and making sure none have come a little loose. I had that issue with a driver once and a little solder fixed it no probs.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well i contacted kevin.

All i can say is i understand defects occur in the real world, its just part of life.
i understand that you can buy something and it can go defective.
I understand this defect could have quite possibly been my fault.

what i cant belive is how amazing Kevin @ Exodus audio was in getting my problem solved. The day after i emailed him, my replacment sub was in the mail.

I cant think of anywhere or anything that offers that kind of service.

Just wanted to give props to Kevin @ Exodus here, A+ if i ever want more subs i know where ill be shopping.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yea definatlaly.

I dont think i pushed the other one hard, except those initial dumb moments when first setting it up.

but ill be sure to baby this one, after having that kind of bass then not having it, i have been going threw withdrawls. :crying:

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
That's great response from Kevin at Exodus.

He's a class act so no surprise at the excellent service.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts