Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heya,
Can I please get the PHYSICAL SPECIFICATIONS for the Mal-x. Mainly I need the mounting depth and motor width, cutout and displacement would be good too. I looked in this forum but didn't see a thread on it, and there is no product sheet for it on diycable. I am designing a trapezoidal box and want to make sure I have clearance.
Thanks

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Heya,
Can I please get the PHYSICAL SPECIFICATIONS for the Mal-x. Mainly I need the mounting depth and motor width, cutout and displacement would be good too. I looked in this forum but didn't see a thread on it, and there is no product sheet for it on diycable. I am designing a trapezoidal box and want to make sure I have clearance.
Thanks
Big....

Frame OD: 18.5"
Cut-out: 17"
Depth: 11" Make some room behind this for the pole vent to breath. Figure a couple extra inches.

Displacement, figure about 0.2 cubic feet or 5L.

Kevin Haskins
Exodus Audio

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Kevin, how about the diameter of the magnet? One of my walls will slope in and I want to be sure it will clear the edge of the magnet.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Actually after looking at pictures of the mal-x its not the magnet I should worry about, But the size of the frame. Whats the diameter of the frame at the wide point right before it tapers in to the magnet? and about how far is that from the mounting depth. Would really appreciate that Kevin, Thanks.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Actually after looking at pictures of the mal-x its not the magnet I should worry about, But the size of the frame. Whats the diameter of the frame at the wide point right before it tapers in to the magnet? and about how far is that from the mounting depth. Would really appreciate that Kevin, Thanks.
It is about 16" diameter where it tapers down. That is approx. 5" from the mounting plane. The motor is 8" in diameter and about 4" tall from the bottom of the basket to the rear of the back plate (where the pole vent exits).

Kevin Haskins
Exodus Audio

1 - 6 of 6 Posts