Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I started building my man cave a little over 2 years ago without any thought into a home theater being a part of it. Then after purchasing the Onkyo TX-NR646 and finding out what it was capable of, the upgrades began. First, the speakers were upgraded to Polk audio, then came the projection. After doing some research and looking at what I could afford, I ended up with an Epson 3500 and a 96" screen. After throwing it all together, I was very happy, but not satisfied, especially with the sound. I had heard cheaper systems sound as good if not better. So, before I went and threw more money at upgrading speakers, I started researching room acoustics and found little ways to make big improvements, moving the mains away from the walls really helped and adding diffusers and absorbers made a considerable difference. Also getting rid of the coffee table and laying down a shaggy area rug helped with reflections. Now, I am very satisfied with the sound and even find that I dont have to turn the volume up as much as I had before the acoustic treatments. I do realize I could do more by getting rid of the movie posters, but the wife says "NO"! So they stay, I'm lucky I've been able to get away with what I have anyway. My lighting is made up of Phillips hue bulbs and led strips and my remote control is the Logitech Harmony hub which is all controlled by my Amazon Echo and can also be controlled by my phone or ipad.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well, my pics are not showing, it looks like I need to have 5 posts under my belt before I can post pics. So, as soon as I get there I will come back and do so. Maybe this wil count as one!:grin2:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Are my pics showing? They look like they are on my end but I have been told they are not working.

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
Great Room. Thanks for sharing! Great pictures. I love the ceiling with all the lights and the decorations are great. I also like the colors. Wow. You will have a great time in that theater room that is for sure! Good Job!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks everyone! The cool thing about the lights is, you can create all kinds of different schemes.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I turned the mains upside down and mounted them from the ceiling, this gave me more floor space to arrange my subs and allowed for better listening behind the seating. Turning them upside down put the tweeters where they need to be.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts