Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
1,050 Posts
Hi everyone, my first post, will the marantz av 7005 ever get updated to 4k or isnt it able cheers Craig.:R
A recommendation, sell the AV7005 and buy a Denon AVR4520CI and be done with it.

I do believe that Denon is getting ready to come out with a replacement for the AVR4520CI. Other than the original roll out date for the 4520CI being about two years old and Denon having had some recent special give away deals going on (a 4520CI and a DBT-3313UDCI BRP), combined with a lower than retail dealer pricing for the 4520 by itself in my opinion, is done so residual inventory is reduced before the new product announcement is made.

This year's CES Las Vegas has already happened and the next isn't until January next year. I'm not sure when the European CES shows are coming up in (I think) September of this year.

I hate waiting on upgrades to be announced but I don't like buying, knowing "newer and better" is coming down the pike. We just recently upgraded to a 4520 for the amplifier section and XT32/SubEQ HT. I don't use all the fancy stuff so no matter what the new model has included, I'm quite sure we're not going be disappointed for many years to come.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
A recommendation, sell the AV7005 and buy a Denon AVR4520CI and be done with it.

I do believe that Denon is getting ready to come out with a replacement for the AVR4520CI. Other than the original roll out date for the 4520CI being about two years old and Denon having had some recent special give away deals going on (a 4520CI and a DBT-3313UDCI BRP), combined with a lower than retail dealer pricing for the 4520 by itself in my opinion, is done so residual inventory is reduced before the new product announcement is made.

This year's CES Las Vegas has already happened and the next isn't until January next year. I'm not sure when the European CES shows are coming up in (I think) September of this year.

I hate waiting on upgrades to be announced but I don't like buying, knowing "newer and better" is coming down the pike. We just recently upgraded to a 4520 for the amplifier section and XT32/SubEQ HT. I don't use all the fancy stuff so no matter what the new model has included, I'm quite sure we're not going be disappointed for many years to come.
Hi, I want to stay with separates as Im running monobloc amps. I am not in any hurry as in Australia we do not expect to have much content for 4k for some time.

·
Banned
1,050 Posts
The only reason separates ever interested me, was for more power. Personally, I don't want a rack full of Amps and Pre-Pros. Restating, these are my personal feelings on the matter and I'm not projecting these opinions on anybody else.

I am not in any hurry as in Australia we do not expect to have much content for 4k for some time.
Your above is a bit confusing when on one hand you post the above, yet in your OP, you post:

...will the marantz av 7005 ever get updated to 4k...
...:confused:

What's up? What are your concerns?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The only reason separates ever interested me, was for more power. Personally, I don't want a rack full of Amps and Pre-Pros. Restating, these are my personal feelings on the matter and I'm not projecting these opinions on anybody else.

Your above is a bit confusing when on one hand you post the above, yet in your OP, you post:

...:confused:

What's up? What are your concerns?
Hi, I was curious as to whether the marantz could be upgraded, then as I researched further i found info saying the content will take a while in Australia.The marantz monos are compact and do not take up that much space anyway,and to buy the Denon as stated is close to $3000 aud,so I will stick with what I have. The first affordable 4k tv is just coming out here 55inch at $995 so when funds allow I might take a dip,cheers Craig.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.