Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any experience with this DAC? I was thinking about buying it and running my Oppo 103 thru it to my Yamaha RX3050 receiver for improved sound. It is a bit costly,$799,at OneCall. I got the idea from a YouTuber named BrolicBeast Media. He did an A/B comparison and I was impressed with the end result of the DAC processing. He did use a different DAC(Cambridge Audio DAC Magic) but I should reap the same benefits,hopefully better! Let me know what you think!! Thanks

·
Banned
4,838 Posts
Unfortunately it is difficult to say without doing an actual listening test. I have no experience with any of the products you mention.

It is possible to hear a difference between DACs - when I say DAC I mean DAC product, including the surrounding circuitry, the way it is used in the system, etc. But the differences are usually subtle.

If the reviewer you mention is careful and observant and pays a LOT of attention to detail, he might be giving you some good advice. If it is just someone having fun doing a quick comparison, then that advice might or might not be of much value.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts