Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Marantz SR-770 AVR, but no manual.

I would like to use the Multi-Room function and have figured out how to select the second source but am unsure how to get the signal to the 'other' room. I may have this totally wrong, but do I need to connect one set of pre-outs to another amp which will receive the input from the second source while I listen to the original source on the Marantz?

·
Registered
919 Posts
Catsfield,

I couldn't find info specifically for your AVR but many AVR's will only send an analog signal through the Zone 2 connection. If your CD player or Roku player is only connected to the AVR through a digital connection, that sound might not be able to be output through Zone 2.

Good luck.

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
The older SR-770 doesn't have Zone 2 outputs - it has a single RCA jack labelled "MULTI ROOM".

Here's a pic of back panel.

Can't find any info on whether that jack is a digital coaxial audio jack or a "mono analogue audio" jack or whether it somehow works in conjunction with the m-c analogue pre-outputs.
Serves me right for insisting on only 4 hours of sleep last night :R

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks everyone for your replies. Don't know why I didn't see the green Multi-Room connection before.
Not knowing how to connect this to another amp, I think I'll just leave it alone in the meantime.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I'd be surprised if the only digital (coax) connection on the entire avr is that green connection. Bet it's some proprietary thing.

That amp looks antique from the connections.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts