Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do these two receivers compare? We are looking for a smooth sound that's easy on the ears (no straining to hear vocals) but also sounds great. I owned a H/K 635 and thought it was super powerful and sounded great with music but I found movies lacking in dynamics...only DTS I'm guessing.

Opinion appreciated.

Thanks,
Jason

·
Premium Member
8,112 Posts
Hello,
I would go with the Marantz such that it offers Audyssey MultEQ. While I am quite fond of Logic 7 that is only offered in H/K and the uber expensive Lexicon AVR, I still think the Marantz is the better call.
Cheers,
JJ

·
Registered
186 Posts
Just curious - why the SR6004 and not the SR6005 instead? There are some VERY good deals on the SR6005 out there right now.

I remember something about the SR6004 not being able to apply Audyssey to incoming bitstream HD audio... if that matters to you...

Also, there was the supposed "pop of death" with the SRx004 Marantz units... which may or may not have been blown out of proportion.

Still, with the current pricing on the SR6005... I say go for that.

·
Registered
19 Posts
alphaiii said:
Just curious - why the SR6004 and not the SR6005 instead? There are some VERY good deals on the SR6005 out there right now.
that.
Agree. Check out AC4L, you can get a new unit for $599 free shipping.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts