Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
4,015 Posts
I can't think of one single reason that this would be a good idea. The 7008 is better in every way. Why dumb it down with the 6007's processor? What do you anticipate will happen?

·
Registered
96 Posts
I can't think of one single reason that this would be a good idea. The 7008 is better in every way. Why dumb it down with the 6007's processor? What do you anticipate will happen?
More power to speakers as7008 is no longer wasting it in processing. That is the concept of pre pro or separates!

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
More power to speakers as7008 is no longer wasting it in processing. That is the concept of pre pro or separates!
Processing has nothing to do with the power output of a receiver. The 7008 is far superior in every way as has been said. If you want you should hook up everything to the 7008 and then take the pre out left and right of the 7008 and connect that to your 6007's analog input and use it to power your mains to off load some of the power of the 7008 but that would be the only benefit of even having the 6007 in the chain.

·
Registered
4,015 Posts
I know the pre/pro concept. You won't gain any extra power. To my knowledge, all of the DSP circuitry is powered by DC (low)voltage, converted internally. It should use the same power whether it's processing a signal or not. If you can hear any gains by doing this, you should consider getting into the spy business. Tony's idea might be useful if you're splitting hairs, but to say that's a stretch would be an understatement.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I know the pre/pro concept. You won't gain any extra power. To my knowledge, all of the DSP circuitry is powered by DC (low)voltage, converted internally. It should use the same power whether it's processing a signal or not. If you can hear any gains by doing this, you should consider getting into the spy business. Tony's idea might be useful if you're splitting hairs, but to say that's a stretch would be an understatement.
Well, it boils down to the concept of separates as opposed to avrs. I now know that's not the way some folks want to go. Some do swear by it. Since I have tha spare 6007 I raised the topic. Thanks for your response!
I like an answer, if any for my Marantz bluray UD7007. Ian not able to control it with the phone app as it is not shown in the devices ?all connection to network or ok in the bluray. Wifi etc
Thanks for interest shown

·
Registered
4,015 Posts
Well, it boils down to the concept of separates as opposed to avrs. I now know that's not the way some folks want to go. Some do swear by it. Since I have tha spare 6007 I raised the topic. Thanks for your response!
but the thing is, your not using separates. And the advantage of separates is using a better amp than the one in the avr. That's not what you've proposed. At best, it's a lateral move. Using two AVr's (especially when the second one is lesser than the first) is not using separates, despite being two separate boxes. You would see recommendations for doing it, if it was a good idea. I'm just trying to save you disappointment. Sell the 6007 and buy a real amp.

·
Registered
96 Posts
but the thing is, your not using separates. And the advantage of separates is using a better amp than the one in the avr. That's not what you've proposed. At best, it's a lateral move. Using two AVr's (especially when the second one is lesser than the first) is not using separates, despite being two separate boxes. You would see recommendations for doing it, if it was a good idea. I'm just trying to save you disappointment. Sell the 6007 and buy a real amp.
Thanks for your suggestions!
Now any suggestion how to control my Marantz UD7007 with my iPhone app. I had already posted on this!

·
Registered
4,015 Posts
Try connecting the 7007(remote in) to the 7008(remote out) via this connection. Set the switch to ext(external). You should be able to control it through the avr/app that way. The factory avr remote will be able to control the 7007 this way also.

Attachments

·
Registered
96 Posts
Try connecting the 7007(remote in) to the 7008(remote out) via this connection. Set the switch to ext(external). You should be able to control it through the avr/app that way. The factory avr remote will be able to control the 7007 this way also.
Yes. I am quite aware of this. However that's not what I want. In fact the app should connect with 7007 as it does with 7008 , thro wifi. While it works fine with 7008, not so with 7007? the connection you mentioned is only meant for the remote stick.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello all!

I've just set up my SR7008 which i just picked up for 799.99 on a flash sale. I'm currently running a 7.1 Klipsch setup. Now my question is, what kind of amp would sound the best with my RF-7's? They're rated at 250W continuous and 1000w peak. I'm getting decent sound, but I feel like my front R-L are just not getting enough power. can anyone suggest a good amp that will power these suckers and not lose any sound quality?
Sounds like I have a similar setup where fronts draw globs of power while the center and rears peak at 150. I kept the center and rears on the SR-7008 ... and bi-amp'd the fronts on a MM-7055. So those fronts get the full power of the 7055 while the other share the 7008.

Not only do they sound much better... but both systems run at a reasonable temperature.

This was suggested to me by Marantz support when I called and asked about the power/heat.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Folks!
Greetings! I find my SR 7008 a fab unit. . More powerful than my 6007 and better fidelity. I drive my 9.2 system fine and the speakers are SVS M series. Big ones. Here is an idea that occurred to me. I thought of trying out my 6007 (since I have it as well) as processor and my 7008 as power amp. Some in Audioholics say that pre pro duo would sound more powerful!
I also have Marantz UD 7007 and boy! It is a class act:smiley: but I am not able to control it with the app that Marantz has for iPhones. I am able to control both avrs 6007,7008 with the app but not the Marantz blu ray. It is supposed to! Any ideas?!
Did you try putting the big speakers on the larger amp... and the rest on the other... effectively using the primary receiver as both an amp for the mains and a pre for the other amp?

·
Registered
166 Posts
I have been using a Sony DG820 for about 7 years. through that time I have upgraded my speakers a few times over, but never felt the need to get a better receiver. Here lately I been wondering if a better receiver would make my speakers sound better. so I splurged on one of these today. cost was $726 shipped. It may be a waste, my Sony still works fine, but we shall see. Never had anything else to compare it to.

My Front left right and side left and right are-Klipsch Reference Series RVX-54
My center channel and back 2 speakers are -Klipsch Reference Series RVX-42

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
I have been using a Sony DG820 for about 7 years. through that time I have upgraded my speakers a few times over, but never felt the need to get a better receiver. Here lately I been wondering if a better receiver would make my speakers sound better. so I splurged on one of these today. cost was $726 shipped. It may be a waste, my Sony still works fine, but we shall see. Never had anything else to compare it to. My Front left right and side left and right are-Klipsch Reference Series RVX-54 My center channel and back 2 speakers are -Klipsch Reference Series RVX-42
I think for the most part if you remove any kind of processing most will sound the same. Where I think you will definitely be able to tell a difference is when you introduce room correction software and built in DACs. I recently upgraded to the Marantz sr7010 and previously owned an Onkyo tx-nr809. My initial impression with movies is I couldn't really tell a difference. The more I listened to it I felt maybe there was a slight improvement. Where I can without a doubt tell you I heard immediate improvement was with music. It just flat out sounds better on the Marantz.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I wanted the slight bump in power and The main reason was for the multeq xt32. So if you say that's where I will see it the most, then that's what I'm looking for.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Out with the old in with the new.
Mmm…mmm…mmm! She sure is purdy! How does it sound to you?
My original post was lengthy describing how awesome it was but I couldn't figure out how to program the remote. Then in an edit to say I figured out how to use the remote, I accidentally wiped out my post. I'll try again

I went into this with the mindset I was probably wasting $ since my sony worked fine. First impressions was it was much more heavy and the physical design put my sony to shame.

I got it hooked up easy and getting the multeq programed was a piece of cake. I popped in tron blu-ray. I've listened to certain scenes at leat a hundred times. Now let me say I thought I had my sony set up pretty good. Pfffffft FAIL!! That's hands down the best it's ever sounded in my setup. The amount of sound and detail comming out of all the speakers was unreal and it was soo balanced. I found out I suck at setting up speakers by ear lol. I never had anything to compare it to.

I cranked up some music and was in awww by how loud and clear it was. The sony was never able to make the tower speakers visably move. They would just viabrate. These things were getting it. So much so that I shut off my subwoofer to listen. I had no idea they had that kind of midrange. Like an exited kid I had to pull one speaker away from the wall to feel the bass port. Eyes lit up when I felt all that air being pushed. It's never done that!!

Now question is, do I send it back and get the SR7009 because it has the Dolby Atmos.?? Or save the money. Decisions decsions. Sony is on craigslist lol. Never realized what I was missing

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
You probably don't want my advice in regards to trading up for the Atmos version. I just finished watching Gravity Diamond Luxe edition and oh my gaaawwwddd! If you can accommodate at least 5.2.4 or better I say go for it and don't look back. I went from 5.2 to 7.2.4 and I'm not sure I could improve upon what I'm hearing.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts