Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, what does everyone think of the pilot show Agents of SHIELD?
Not quite what I expected, even a little lame in my opinion. I had high expectations for this show and had potential but I'm not sure it's going to live up to the hype.

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Two years? I'm not even sure it will do more than the first season. But who knows maybe it will get better:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
I must have missed the pilot. The trailer looks interesting thou.

I see the first episode is available online.

From the response on this thread, looks like it was not that impressive. Hopefully it will get better! :)

I will check it out online later on today and see if it keeps my interest.

Thanks for letting me know of this new series. :)

·
Premium Member
8,367 Posts
It's due to be released here next week..I had high expectations for this show, but it's not sounding so good from what you guys have said!
From the preview I saw it looked like it was going to be an off shoot of the Avengers!..

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That's the problem is that is the premiss of the show is to follow after the avengers movie but there was hardly any mention of it nor any of the avenger actors. I'll give it a few weeks

·
Registered
94 Posts
I was dissapointed myself, but the wife tried to soothe my pain. She tells me (with lots of experience) that pilots almost always stink. Reason being that they have to introduce us to characters, and build the back story. This will prolly continue to be the case for one or two more episodes. Ok, if she says so...
Anyway, am I the only one who thinks they spotted a hint of Ironman in a trailer for episode 2?

·
Registered
230 Posts
I'll watch the second episode tonight and make a final division after that. The first episode was so so. The flying car at the end was really silly and made the whole show seem cheesy. But they had 15 million viewers, so it should stick around for one season?

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
I checked it out online and while it wasn't heavy hitting it was entertaining for me. Let's see how the story goes and see if the season is worthwhile. Lot of good tv shows this season! :)

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
I was resisting this one but now tripplej's gonna make me check it out.... :foottap: :bigsmile:
lol. :)

If you haven't seen "Sleepy Hollow", I suggest you watch that one first! I am more impressed with that one over Shield. Granted, both are different topics and different plots, etc., but still worth watching. :)

·
Banned
14,914 Posts
lol. :)

If you haven't seen "Sleepy Hollow", I suggest you watch that one first! I am more impressed with that one over Shield. Granted, both are different topics and different plots, etc., but still worth watching. :)
All caught up on Sleepy Hollow. :T

·
Premium Member
8,367 Posts
I watched a double episode of this show last night and quite enjoyed it..
Even though there aren't any super characters from the Avengers, the new super heroes look interesting..

The secoind show has a bit more action than the first and there's quite a bit of reference to the Avengers..without giving anything away!..
The only annoying aspect of the show is the two young scientists who are always squabling and talking over each other, which makes it difficult to hear what they're saying..

If it stays as good as the second episode it will be well worth following..

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
It did not do much for me. Watched the first one but the second could not keep my attention.

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
Well, the viewership of SHIELD fell 30% from episode 1 to episode 2..

So, either the episodes better improve or this series will be short lived.

Hopefully the producers know what they are talking about.

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The second one was a bit better but really, plugging a hole in a plane with an inflatable raft! even a non aviation person like me has to laugh at the plausibility of that LOL

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
Looks like ABC has faith in the show. They renewed it for the full season.

Of all the new shows this one although I like it is not near the top..

Hopefully it will improve as the season goes.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts