Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got some 12awg speaker wire with transparent PVC. Now it looks cool on its own... not so much as part of the room decor... I'm sure you can imagine... that it looks like a super-thick copper line running straight to the speaker... ugly!

What do you recommend to blend it in with some off-white painted drywall.

Ideally I'd like to run it on the inside of the wall, I don't think that's plausible.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
4,418 Posts
One thing i have seen done is remove the baseboard and cut about 3/8" to 1/2" of the drywall out behind it, tuck your wire in, notch or drill out where you want you wire to poke through and put your base board bake in place and presto, hidden wires!:T

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
One thing i have seen done is remove the baseboard and cut about 3/8" to 1/2" of the drywall out behind it, tuck your wire in, notch or drill out where you want you wire to poke through and put your base board bake in place and presto, hidden wires!:T
I've already got some of it running undernear the baseboard, but the bookshelf speakers being wall and ceiling mounted still require some vertical cabling into them.

·
Registered
10 Posts
depending upon the length of the run, running in the wall will be a great deal of work. Drywall repair is no too tough but is time consuming. I have used raceway, the self adhesive white or almond colored plastic housing and in this case would run it above the baseboard and depending upon how exposed and how long the run is, that might do the trick....

·
Registered
303 Posts
I have raceway, and painted it to match. You can also REMOVE baseboard trim, then make a notch at the bottom of the drywall and tuck them in there, then put the trim back on. You can use the wiremold vertically too, like the first pic, the wire is inside the raceway (vertical) then it goes behind the baseboard trim (which I also notched vertically), then it runs horizontally behind the baseboard. The other pics show the wiremold painted to match. The last 3 show baseboard method.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,418 Posts
I agree, great pics. That is exactly what i was talking about doing in one of my posts and the pics give 100% justice to what i was talking about, nice job on the coceilment of your wires they blend in so well you'd have to be looking for them to find'em.:T

·
Registered
303 Posts
thanks guys!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts