Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I'd like to quickly find out what length of FIR for room correction can be exported without actually trying with H/Ws which require some purchase. I wish REW would be able to export room correction FIR up to the length of 16 ~ 64k taps per channel at 48kHz. Is it currently supported?

I am actually developing a DSP box for mainly bass management, room correction and the crossover. If I can find information on how to transmit the generated filters to the DSP box, that would be terrific. Please let me know if such information is available here, or who I should contact to find it out. Thank you in advance for your helps.

Regards,
Jay

·
Premium Member
6,711 Posts
REW's EQ functions use IIR filters, but the impulse response of the filter set can be exported as a WAV file that can be imported to a convolver as an FIR filter - but the response will be that of the IIR filters exported, of course. The export is 128k samples.

If you search for 'convolver' you will find a number of threads on this topic, such as this one.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi John,

Thank you very much for your informative reply. Can I get your direct e-mail so we can discuss this in more detail, if you don't mind?

Regards,
Jay

1 - 3 of 3 Posts