Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sound.jpg

Hello from Gatineau, Quebec.
I built these boxes 20 years ago but they have been picking up dust in the basement since I turned my living room into a band studio (Yes. I'm single). Last Summer I started building a control room for my astronomical observatory and it has turned out into a cozy 16'X16' cabin. So my old system has found a new home. I had forgotten how good it sounded! I have been playing with REW and I can't wait to install the sub under the floor so I can perform the final adjustments.
Real nice forum!

Thanks
Juan Herrero
http://pages.videotron.com/astrolo/

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
All I can say is Wow! Welcome to the Shack!

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
Welcome aboard Juan! Very nice setup.:T

Enjoy your stay with us at the Shack.

·
Registered
6,170 Posts
Hello and Welcome to HTS.

·
Premium Member
3,777 Posts
Welcome Juan. Have fun. Dennis

·
Registered
6 Posts
Welcome Juan, your Pink Floyd reference grabbed my attention. Thanks for posting your astronomy link- I'm a space buff and enjoyed the site. A very nice setup !!!!
As for Floyd, I spent many hours listening to Astronomy Domine in my younger daze :

Lime and limpid green, a second scene
A fight between the blue you once knew.
Floating down, the sound resounds
Around the icy waters underground.
Jupiter and Saturn, Oberon, Miranda
And Titania, Neptune, Titan.

·
Registered
476 Posts
I too love the Floyd. Can you describe the speakers you have shown? It looks like you have a set of tweeters on very long poles above your boxes. Very interesting setup.
Welcome to the shack.
Matteo

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hi
You are correct about the tweeters. RCA plugs at all ends so it takes two seconds to eliminate the pole and plug the tweeter directly on top of the pyramid. I prefer without pole for video and with pole for music. An interesting observation is that the vertical position of any instrument or voice is not dictated by the fundamental but by it's high harmonics so there is no yo-yo effect. The exception is synth patches with sweeping filters. But since we are talking electronica. Who's to say that synth leads are not supposed to soar into the sky?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts