Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If the measurements give me the room problems, and some of them can treated with bass traps , and in future i want to change some of my equipment , this means new bass traps ? or the first solution solves for ever my room problems?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
o.k. understandable, whatever equipment participate in the first measurments shows the basic room problems!!!
verry important because of the decoration constructions that will be "permanent" in a living room

·
Super Moderator
1,673 Posts
If the measurements give me the room problems, and some of them can treated with bass traps , and in future i want to change some of my equipment , this means new bass traps ? or the first solution solves for ever my room problems?
Hi Soco,

When you measure in your room, at say, the listening area, you are measuring the room/loudspeaker response. NOT the "room" response. Turn off the speakers, measure again and you'll see what I mean.:)
As such, if your "equipment" change involves loudspeakers, then whatever passive "fix" you installed in the form of absorbers (aka "Bass traps") may no longer be valid. The reason is that different loudspeakers can/will load/excite the room modally different and create a different room/speaker response, at different locations in the room.
Then there is "equipment change" like EQ. Which is an electronic way to surgically, dynamically and efficiently remove "problems" that the static, passive "traps" are supposedly addressing.

cheers,

1 - 4 of 4 Posts