Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi people, i think this is my first thread on HTS :birthday: :banana:

I have an omnidirectional microphone that wasn't necessarily meant for measurement, but i have a frequency response curve for it at various incident angles (including 90 degrees).

So i wanted to know if there is a way to add a pre-display EQ to the frequency response curves shown.

I mean, i can do it mentally, but it would be easier if i could do it in REW.

:thankyou:

btw HTS smilies: :yourock:

YTcrazytieguy

·
Premium Member
6,711 Posts
That's what the mic and soundcard calibration files do. Make a mic cal file from your response data, if the data is only available as plots you could try using SPL Copy to digitise them, or put the data in REW's cal data format.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you!

just to be sure, I attached the file and the response graph. There were two resonances that i couldn't really pinpoint the frequency of easily so i left them out. Also, it is worth mentioning that my ceiling will probably be mostly covered in porous absorption, so I didn't take the straight-on response into account, only the 90 degrees (which will be the orientation of the microphone with respect to the speakers).

Edit: here's the text

20 -2.5
80 0
315 1
1000 0
5000 0
20000 4

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,711 Posts
Looks OK, to see how it looks in REW just load it up and select the mic/meter cal trace on a measurement.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts