Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
How should I measure my room? I don't know where should I place the mic.
I have two fullrange loudspeakers. Should I measure first with only one loudspeaker turn on, apply filters and then do the same with the other loudspeaker? Or should I measure with two loudspekers turn on and then apply the same filters in both sides of BFD?

Help me please.

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Put the mic at about the same place your head will be when you are listening. If there are multiple spots where people sit measure those spots too. I would measure with both speakers running.

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
First of all ... Welcome :wave:

Are you using the speakers for just music or movies too??? ... I see that you didn't mention a sub.

Do you have an AVR with the autocalibration feature??? ... if you do, try that first and then measure your frequency response and adjust as need it :yes:.

Ideally, the mic has to be in the listening position (at ear level) then measure; if you have different listening positions, you can do it for every one and then average the response and adjust.

Is easy to adjust both at the same time ... but if you prefer you can do it for each speaker (I think that will be best, but it will take more time) :yes:

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm using the speakers only for music. I know that the mic has to be in the listening position but I don't know if I should point the mic to the speakers or to the walls or to the floor.

Thanks

·
Registered
486 Posts
Mic should point straight up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts