Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
You mean bi-wired as in running 2 sets of cables to the speaker? It will measure the same either way if you're talking about the speaker's response. There's a plethora of debate online about whether it's worth it or not so I won't go there.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You mean bi-wired as in running 2 sets of cables to the speaker? It will measure the same either way if you're talking about the speaker's response. There's a plethora of debate online about whether it's worth it or not so I won't go there.
Thanks for your reply.

Yes two sets of wire.

There is no benefit at all?

I suppose it's similar to the speaker cable quality etc?

I have heard that speaker manufacturers are going back to single wiring.
Also they think it depends on the quality of the link.

Thanks again

·
Premium Member
2,539 Posts
Thanks for your reply.

Yes two sets of wire.

There is no benefit at all? correct, no benefit at all

I suppose it's similar to the speaker cable quality etc? wire is wire at audio frequencies

Also they think it depends on the quality of the link. don't know about them going back to single connector, as long as any manufacturer makes their speaker bi-wire capable the rest almost have to do it at the same price point, plus the retailers like it because it generates speaker wire sales

Thanks again
Have a great day

·
Registered
84 Posts
Thanks for your reply.

Yes two sets of wire.

There is no benefit at all?

I suppose it's similar to the speaker cable quality etc?

Also they think it depends on the quality of the link.

Thanks again
Personally, I'd say use a decent 16awg cable or bigger and call it a day. Bi-wire or single cable run.....you're still going through the same passive crossover. I'm partial to active systems which is a method of "bi-wiring" that I think does have a benefit. Again the internet is teeming with debate about these topics. Try it yourself. If you hear a difference then go with it! In the end it's what you can or can't hear that matters anyways....... not what some ghosts on the internet say is best.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts