Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello, sorry if this is already been discussed, but i can't find the related thread.

So my problem is, how do i proceed to measure the corrected frequency response of the room after applying an IR filter?

I've tried to route rew output -vst host- convolver - main output with virtual audio cable, but rew give me an error when i measure (something on the line that "the peak is not where it's supposed to be"). What is the correct procedure?

I have to go via internal routing because i don't have any external processor.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,562 Posts
Have you seen This Thread?

I think there are 2 methods there.

You are having trouble with the rerouting method and I can't help you there. If that thread doesn't have your answer maybe EarlK or someone else who uses that method can help.

Forgive me for jumping in but I wanted to point out you can also record the REW sweep and then just play it back as an external signal. I see that method is also mentioned near the bottom of that thread. If you or anyone else is having trouble with that method I may be able to help out.

[In my case I modified a recorded REW sweep file to include 3 tics spaced at 1 second intervals prior to the sweep so that I know when to start the REW measurement. Below is a view of what that edited signal looks like.

Text Blue Line Font Number

We just play the recorded signal and then start the REW measurement around 1/2 second after the 3rd tic is heard as indicated by the red arrow. Note: I am pretty sure the recorded sweep must match the measurement settings in REW. In my example it is 48k sampling freq, 24 bit, 256k length signal. Attached is a .zip of the wave file in case someone wants to hear it.
View attachment Swept Sine REW with tics.zip

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the answer :) aniway, i just saw the thread about equalizer apo. I guess the easiest solution for me is to use that EQ and simply measure at first without it active and then with the correction.

From what i gather from the manual correcting with the eq should have the same effect of loading an ir in the convolver right?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.