Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a smallish recording booth that I'd like to measure. I put one speaker in the booth where I would normally be speaking...about 9 inches from the mic. How can I set up REW for one speaker? I've switched off the other speaker but REW thinks the dBs are TOO LOW now. How can I set levels at 75dB without an SPL?
Thx!

·
Registered
7,514 Posts
How can I set up REW for one speaker? I've switched off the other speaker but REW thinks the dBs are TOO LOW now.
The signal from REW is a mono signal, so simply feed one channel or turn off the other speaker as you've done.

You must run the Check Levels routine and set the listening position (in your case, where the mic is positioned) to 75dB or a reasonable listening level, then the REW input volume must be adjusted so the REW input VU meter is showing about -12dB. If you've done that, then REW won't tell you the level is low.

Be sure to run the Calibrate SPL routine after running the Check Levels routine.

Also be sure that you're created a soundcard calibration file and you've loaded a calibration file for your mic.

brucek

1 - 2 of 2 Posts